Our future

Neither of us knows what the future holds for us, but I can take a guess.

For a while we'll want to talk to each other. See each other. And we will. We will talk, but only so often. We will hug, but only on occasion. Eventually, it will narrow down to where we only wish to message each other. When you want to ask how I'm doing and tell me you're still around. And I'll want to tell you I'm doing okay, and that I miss you. But I won't and neither will you. Because it's been too long, and we are afraid of what the response might be or if we'd even get one at all. The hugs will be no more. And we will share only side long glances. And after a while even those will end.

Soon, possibly too soon, I'll become just a memory. A far off, distant memory. You will remember my face, and that I was a friend, maybe someone you once loved. But you won't remember my name, or the things I loved, or the little things that made me, me. You'll forget that you gave me my own little nickname, and that I was someone you once talked to everyday. You will forget all the hugs, all the laughs, all the 'I love yous'. All the memories we shared will be nothing to you. But I will remember. I will always remember. Because, how could I forget the one person who always believed in me? The one person who stood by my side even when things for rough. You w always be my friend even when I'm not yours anymore. I'll want to see you, but know that you wouldn't remember me cause it's been too long. And I'll be sad to know that the one person I really love in this world has forgotten me so easily.

           12:09am; 5/9/16