Chapter 2 🍂

WIRT'S POV
The school was over. Beatrice needed to go to the principal's office because they were going to decide where she is going to live until this school year ends.
I went to get Greg and his friends from the school yard. Greg saw me and waved as I reached them.
"Wirt! Wirt! Wirt! You're finally here! Let's get moving! "
"hi Wirt " said mark and Louise.
"let's go get you pretzels and go home. I'm not in the mood for nothing " I told them.
"YAY PRETZELS! " said the children while raising their hands.
It's such a shame that the pastry that has the best pretzels in town is other way my house. I need to go, and then to come back from where I came, and then to go home. It takes a lot.
Greg and his friend were skipping I'm front of me as I walked to the pastry.
"Wirt, this trip to take pretzels reminds me of the Adelaide parade. " Greg told me.
I still couldn't believe that all the adventures into the unknown were real. I mean, sometimes we were nearly to death and it was all real.
But I remember the time we were singing like stupid kids, and trying to be happy.
Greg started to sing
"To Adelaide! To Adelaide! Come on and join the Adelaide Parade! "
I wanted to enter his game and continued "To Adelaide! To Adelaide! We're going to Adelaide's house today!"
"no Wirt you need to sing the really high part " Greg told me.
"yeah, whatever. " I said.
"I think it sounded good "mark told us.
"thanks mark bit Wirt needs more practice" Greg said with a teacher face. "anyway look! It's the pastry!  Pretzels! "
"pretzels! " Louise said.
I don't know what's so awesome about pretzels. Yes, they're good, but you don't have to get mad when you buy one.
I ordered 4 pretzels and paid.
Yes, I needed one too.
We started get back home as we were eating our pretzels.
"I bet I can cook pretzels like this with my mom! " mark said.
"these are the best, mark! You can't make them the same. It's like a secret recipe! " Louise told him.
"i know! I can make them better! "
"this makes no sense. "
I

got between them
"OK, you two stop, we're here. "
We reached my house.
"this is awesome, friends! " Greg said. "Jason Funderburger is waiting for us!"
We entered the house. I hear mom talking with someone so I went to the living room to see who was there. 
"hi mom" I said
"hi sweetie" mom said.
"hi Wirt.. " a familiar voice said
I didn't really pay attention when i came in the room but when she talked, my sight was straightly on her.
"Beatrice? " I said.
"oh Wirt. Beatrice is our guest until the school is over! " mom explained.
"The principal sent me here." she told me.
Wow Beatrice was going to live with my family and I was excited and freaked out at the same time.
"she'll stay in the guests room, on the same hall with you and Greg! "
"this is great! " I said happily.
In that moment, I heard the door bell.
"oh, it must be the van with Beatrice's things " mom said while going to the door.
I sat near Beatrice and looked straight at my mom talking with a chubby man outside.
"ma'am, I don't have a lot of things, so I am going to be fast. Only some boxes and a mirror table." the man told my mom.
"oh, OK then. You can put them here, in the hall. "
The man brought 4 big boxes and a writing table that has been cut in half and then, on one, glued an oval mirror. It could be noticed that it was handmade. It was beautifuly painted and it had a vintage style.
"Wirt, sunt sit there , help Beatrice witg her boxes. " mom told me.
"Um.. Oh yeah! " I mumbled and got up with Beatrice and started to carry one of her boxes upstairs, in her new room. She opened it and there were a lot of clothes.
"OK, the clothes one. " Beatrice talked to herself.
She looked around the room, and when she spotted the wardrobe, she went there and opened it.
"this is ok... Wirt, hand me the clothes and I'll put them here. "
"oh, ok"
I started handing her cloth after cloth.
She was moving fast, putting them in the wardrobe like she was knowing the spot for every blouse, shirt, skirt, dress or jeans.
"knock knock" it was mom.
She brought another box.
"Wirt, are you helping Beatrice? "
"he's very helpful, Mrs Thee. "Beatrice said.
Then, Beatrice opened the second box.
"books and shoes. " she said.
"oh dear, the shoes will stay downstairs, with ours. I'll take them here " mom told her and she started to take pairs of shoes and going downstairs.
While I was handing Beatrice her books, Greg entered the room.
"hey, I didn't know that Beatrice is our house lady! " he said.
Beatrice giggled.
" oh Greg, she's not our house lady! This would be cruel! " I told him. " Beatrice is living with us now. "
"SERIOUSLY?! WOW THIS IS AWESOME! Friends, come here! "
The 2 friends of Greg came in the room with the frog.
"Greg, you were supposed to bring Jason Funderburger some food! " Louise said.
"hey look! " Mark said. " Wirt has a girlfriend! Who's that?"
I got red like a tomato.
"s-shee she's not my girlfriend, mark! Ow geez.. "
I could see Beatrice blushing too and giggling.
Greg laughed and said
"oh no, dump mark. That's Beatrice. She's the bird I told you about! "
"she isn't a bird, she's a human! "
"well... She used to be a bird... No... She used to be a human.... I mean she is a human!!! Then she got transformed into a bird and then she became human again after our super adventures! "
"that's cool! " Louise said. "how was it like to be a bird? "
"I can't say it was bad, but neither good it was. The good fact is that I could fly, but I was little! " Beatrice told them.
"how much? "
"little! " Greg said making a big gesture with his hands.  "ugh, mean llliiiitttlleee. " and then he made a little gesture because he realised he didn't do the good thing. "ok now let's get that food! "
And then they all left.
"the kids are sweet sometimes " Beatrice told me.
"sometimes" I said with a smile on my face
She giggled.
"my brothers and sisters can be friendly and / or annoying. I think Greg is the same, isn't he? "
"all siblings are the same. "
In the last 2 boxes Beatrice had a lot of things like posters, plushies, and accessories . Mom helped us to carry the big mirror. We put it near the wardrobe.
I looked at it.
"I couldn't get my eyes off this thing. Is beautiful. Did you make it? " I asked Beatrice.
"kinda, I had the idea but mom helped me to find the materials, and dad built it. And then I painted it. I really like it too. It's one of the biggest projects I made. I couldn't let it home, my siblings would crashed it..." she answered. " Ummm.. Wirt? "
"yeah? "
"I saw that you own a piano... Can I... Play it a little? "
"oh sure! I didn't know you know to play the piano! "
"well, I kinda visit Mrs Lantrees after you left... And she learnt me. You know, she maerried that guy Jimmy. "
"that's awesome. "
We went downstairs and Beatrice sat on the piano's chair. Greg saw her.
"Beatrice is playing the piano? "
"yes, Beatrice wants to play the piano" Beatrice told him.
Greg had a revelation and gasped.
"SING POTATOES AND MOLASSES! "
Louise and Mark made their appearance in the living room with the frog.
"what are potatoes and molasses?" loise asked.
"it's the best song ever invented by me! It's about potatoes and molasses! " Greg said. "i'm gonna sing, you're gonna dance with Jason Funderburger! "
I was confused. Was Beatrice going to sing that weird song of Greg? She fortunately started to play the piano. The song sounded exactly like Mrs Lantrees. Greg got up the little table,in the middle of the living room.
"🎶oh potatoes, and molasses!
If you want some, oh just ask us!
They're warm and soft
Like puppies in socks!
Filled with cream and candy rocks! 🎶" Greg started singing.
I was waving my finger along with the rhythm.
Greg's friends were dancing with the frog. At one moment, mom came to see Greg. She was looking with a smile on her face.
"This was really cute Greg! But your friends must go. Their mums phoned and they're coming. Let's go get their stuff"
The 3 kids looked innocently at mom,then all said at unison "ok" and left the room.
I was looking at Beatrice.
I realized that she was really cute. A ginger-brown hair tied in a big knot. She was wearing a really fluffy cardigan. Her big blue eyes was making her looking like an expensive little doll.
She scratched her arms.
I really like the fact that she came to my school, that she's living with me. I felt that my life just got better...