The First Date

*One week later*

"So what do I wear?", Michael asks me through the phone.

"Wear something comfortable, and by comfortable I don't mean loafers, slacks, and some dress shirt. Try jogging pants and a t-shirt with sneakers", I answer.

"Hmph. Can I at least get a hint of where you're taking us?", he asks.

"It's a very non-fancy place and that's all you need to know", I respond.

I hear him sigh. "You're killing me."

"I promise you'll love it. Just trust me, I made these plans with you in mind", I say with a smile as if he could see me.

"Ok, I'll see you when you get here", he says.

"Bye."

~ A couple hours later ~ At Michael's home.

"Hello, are you Ms. King?", the guard asks.

I pull out my ID and show it to him.
He opens the gate and I pull in.

I slowly exit the car and approach his front door. Idk why I'm so nervous suddenly.

Before I could knock, the door opens and a teenage girl is standing there. Obviously it's his daughter, Paris. She's so beautiful.

"Hi, you must be Ms. King. I'm Paris", she says holding out her hand.

I shake her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Paris."

We walk in and sit on the sofa.

"So, are you like dating my dad?", she asks.

I hesitate. Honestly, you could say we were dating but neither one of us established what this is yet, so, I guess we're not.

"No, we're just good friends", I answer.

I can tell she's unconvinced.

"Are you the friend that told dad that he should let me dye my hair?", she asks.

"Yeah, I am. By the way, it looks very nice", I say.

She smiles widely. "Thank you so much– for the compliment and convincing my dad to let me dye it!"

I giggle. "You're welcome."

"I see you two have met", I hear Michael's voice say.

I stand up as he comes our way.

"Yeah, we have. I see that you actually listened to my suggestion of letting Paris dye her hair. Where's the other two kiddos?", I respond.

"They're spending guy time with their big cousin TJ", he says as he puts on his shoes.

"And I'm stuck here with nothing to do", Paris sighs.

"You could call your aunt Jan and see if she's up for some bonding time", he suggests.

She simply shrugs.

"I'll be home in a few hours, princess", he adds and kisses her forehead.

"Later guys. Don't do anything I wouldn't do", she says earning a laugh from both Michael and I.

"We won't", we respond in unison as we walk out the door.

"Are we going jogging?", he asks causing me to giggle.

"No, what makes you think that?", I ask.

"Your outfit", he vaguely responds.