Mr. Mobster

Caroline

"Mama, please listen to me, I don't want to do this!" I sobbed, she harshly pushed me on my bed. "You will go through with this, or else I will make sure that low life goes to jail forever" I cried, my mother had set me into arrange marriage to a complete stranger, all because we were almost broke. "Why don't you marry him! I already found the love of my life, please mum"

"I'm happily married to your father, it was all great until you came along, I didn't want any kids. Now you must suffer like I did or worse" she spat. "No put on that dress, or so help me god; I'll kill Zack" I looked down in defeat, I've never wanted to get married; not like this. With force; no love, no passion, no nothing.

"That's my girl" she slammed the door behind her; left me and the white dress alone. I don't want to do this, I ran to the window; but it was locked on the outside. No way in hell can I run away, or at least not now. I quickly dialed Zack.

"Care, are you okay?"

"No! I don't want to go through with this" I sobbed. Zack has been my lover since we were kids. We promised we'd be married to each other one day, but he wasn't wealthy and my mother didn't like that. My father, he was a noble man; but he was damn fooled and played with by my mother.

"I know, I'm trying to get pass to you, but there are so many guards. Do you see me?" I tried searching for him, through the window. When I finally saw him, my heart broke even more.

"Listen to me, I'll get you back... If it's the last thing I do, I prom-"

"NO!!!" I hit the window over and over again, "Leave him, please!" I saw as one security guard grabbed him and the other punch him. "Stop!" I couldn't contain my tears. He was getting hurt because of me. "See what you've done Caroline, all because you just can't agree with me" I jumped at the sound of my mother's voice.

"Mother, tell them to stop! I'll do anything" she smiled wickedly. "I want you to get married, and look like the luckiest brides" she said touching my hair, I moved away from her and look at myself in the mirror. "A-alright, but with one condition"

Through the reflection I could see her raise her eyebrows. "You don't touch Zack, you leave him alone and I will never talk to him again, never" she smiled, I knew that's exactly what she wanted.

"Deal, now get changed my darlin; we have a wedding to celebrate" I held in the tears and nodded. My mother walked towards me and removed the remaining tears away. "I just want the best for you, you are my daughter and that low life can't give you the life you deserve" she kissed my forehead. "Remember happiest bride alive" with that she left me alone. I finally let my breath out and cried.

The dress. Stupid dress. How I hated its beauty. A maid came in and helped me put it on. I hated it. It was absolutely beautiful. A dress like this, I wish I was marrying Zack. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I was marrying Zack. Happiest bride alive.

The maid helped me put my hair into a gorgeous up-do, while I did my make up. I put on white pearly heals, and I was set. Minutes later my mother came in. "Oh my heavens, you are so beautiful. That's my girl" she pinched my cheeks. "Now, let's go get you a husband"

The hallways seemed long, and with every step a memory flooded. Zack and I meeting, our first kiss. Our first date. Our first anniversary. I never really gave him my all, but if you asked me to die for him; I would.

The man that I was marrying was in our ballroom, we were getting married by civil marriage, I would never go to a church and marry him. Ever. I couldn't look up, I didn't dare. The doors were closed, but the music began. "Remember, happiest bride alive. And also if you try to be a smartass and say no, I have Zack in the basement, and as soon as you don't get married I will order them to break every bone in his body, until he. Dies" I gulped the lump in my throat. She grabbed my cheeks and made me look up. "Be happy, my darlin"