Six

***Draco's P.O.V.***

[7 years later (First day of Hogwarts)]

"Mum, when will I be able to go to Hogwarts?" Selina asked Al. 

"Two years, Lina, two years. Don't worry, your first day will come before you know it," Al replied. Selina was sitting on Scorpius' trolley and steam was coming from the Hogwarts Express. I took a good look at it, remembering it was the first place I saw Al. I sighed.

"Draco, I see them. Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry, their kids," Alex said. I turned to face her. I took her hand and Scor pushed Lina behind us. We approached our family and friends. I still haven't befriended Potter, but I am getting there. I checked my gold watch. 10:50.

"It's almost time for the Express to leave," I told them. Al and I knelt down beside Scor. Al cupped his face.

"I love you Scor. Good luck. Remember, any house you will be in will make us proud," she told him.

"Just not Hufflepuff," I muttered. Scor laughed, but I earned a light elbow in the stomach from Al. "We love you." Al kissed him on both cheeks and I hugged him. 

"I love you, too. I will write you. Bye, Lina. I love you, too," Scor said. He kissed Selina on the head, and she flinched. Alex tucked a piece of Lina's hair behind her ear and hugged Scor again. I laughed as he squirmed out of her grasp and he hugged me tightly. I widened my eyes in surprise, but hugged him back just as tight. I heard Al sigh, but she was smiling wide when I looked at her. Scor got on the train with Rose, James, and Albus. I waved goodbye to my son, niece, and nephews. The express disappeared and Alex grabbed my hand. I grabbed Lina's hand and we walked out with everyone else. 

(That night...)

The owl tapped on our bedroom window and I grabbed it's letter. I was happy to see Scorpius's handwriting on the envelope.

"Scor sent us a letter, beautiful," I told my wife who had her nose deep in a book. She looked up and smiled. She grabbed the letter out of my hand. She tore it open.

"Dear Mum and Dad, I got sorted in Slytherin! I feel so much like Dad now. The hair, the eyes, and the same house. I really want to follow in your footsteps Dad. Aw, how sweet!" I looked down at my bare feet. If only he knew everything about me, he might not want to say that. Alex continued. "Rose got into Gryffindor like Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione. And guess what? You won't believe this! Albus got put in SLYTHERIN! Blimey, Draco! Did you hear that?"

"Yeah! I'm proud of Scor, though." Al got up and hugged me. I hugged her back, and she kissed my cheek. 

"Is everything all right, Draco?" she whispered in my ear.

"Of course," I lied. She looked me in the eyes.

"Why are you lying? You can tell me anything, you know." I took a deep breath and broke eye contact.

"Scor said he wanted to follow my footsteps. I don't want him to, because of who I was in the past. I want him to be great, for the rest of his life, not until he meets the girl of his dreams that changes his life forever." Alex smiled at me.

"He's going to turn out just fine, like you. I love you, Draco."

"I love you too, beautiful," I told my wife, smiling down at her. I cupped her face with one of my hands and kissed her softly. We parted and said goodnight to Selina and went to bed ourselves.