~Chapter Twelve~

Ava's P.O.V.

"You don't have to leave." Zayn whispered gently into my ear, as he swayed us side to side.

"I know. But I have to be back in London for shooting anyway." I tried to reason with him, but he just held me tighter.

Zayn was like my little brother. He always protected me, even if he knew it wasn't always possible. He told me last night that it hurt him that I was sad. Now I know how he feels.

"You and Perrie will be back in London in a couple of days right?" I asked, resting my head on his chest.

He nodded, but kept the words I knew he wanted to say in his mouth.

"It's." Zayn sighed, not knowing how to phrase his thoughts.

"I feel like I never see you." He finished.

His words made my heart clench.

"I know, and I'm sorry." I whispered, trying to keep my breathing stable.

"Maybe I should go with you." Zayn said, leaning away from me so he could see my reaction.

The selfless side of me wants him to have a nice vacation with his girlfriend.

The selfish side of me wants him to come with me.

I decided with the second option.

I nodded, before meeting his eyes.

"I need my best friend." My voice cracked at the end of my statement, a sad smile forming on his lips.

"I need mine too." Zayn said, before pulling me into his chest again.

"But what about Perrie?" I questioned, making him sigh.

"She will understand. She always does. Besides, you will always be my favorite girl." Zayn whispered the last part of his sentence, before kissing the top of my head, since I was shorter than him.

Zayn broke away from me, before calling Perrie.

No matter when or where.

Zayn is at my side.

And that's why I love him.

I remember days when I could tell he didn't want to play dress up with me, but he went along with it to make me happy.

Or days I would secretly miss my dad, Zayn would always buy me a box of maoams.

"I'll take care of her, I always do." Zayn smiled at me, before hanging up the phone.

"Alright Malik we have a plane to catch." I smiled at him, before ruffling his precious locks.

"Shall we?" Zayn linked arms with mine, before leading me to our gate.

"Can we buy a bottle of water for the flight?" I questioned Zayn, as we walked past all of the small shops located in the building.

"Sure. I'll wait by the fountain." He said handing me some money.

I walked towards the store, only to be stopped by Zayn.

"Get me a bag of crisps while your at it." I heard him call from behind me.

I rolled my eyes, before picking out what he wanted and my water bottle.

As I was leaving the shop, a magazine caught my eyes.

Ava's New Man?

Great, they found out about Liam.

I scoffed, before walking swiftly out of the store towards the fountain.