Ch.10

"Shantel???" Patrick looked confused as hell, he looked at me and I quickly looked away. 

"Patrick, what are you doing here? And what? Brittney what the hell is going on?"  

I opened my mouth to speak but I was interrupted. "Wait you know her?" Patricks' voice became more puzzled now. 

"Yes off course I know her!" Shantel sounded like she was fighting back tears. As she came closer my suspicions were confirmed I saw them building up. "And I know damn well she's just a kid! You sick bastard." 

"Excuse me?!?" I retorted. Patrick then stood in front me as if knowing I would end up going for her face. 

"Shantel it's not like that." He replied trying to keep the peace. 

"Yes it is. How could you do this to me?!?!" She was in tears now. 

"Shantel, listen-" I had to say something since it wasn't all Patrick's fault. 

"You just shut up, you are such a hypocrite." She said before she stormed off. 

I was shocked, she just told me shut up, although I did kind of deserved it. 

Patrick looked at me, I couldn't tell whether he was hurt or angry but I knew he wasn't happy about this.  

"Well, you got what you wanted." He said as he opened his car door. 

"Patrick, I didn't expect it to happen this way, I'm sorry." 

He sighed as he sat at the back of the wheel. "I'll talk to you later." 

I felt terrible; before I could stop him he stormed off.  

"Brittney, what are you doing out here sweetie? It's freezing." I turned to find my mom near the exit doorway, 

"I'm just getting some air."  

"Come back inside, everyone's turkey is already in the oven I sent Peters to came to get you, then the next thing I know she's grabbing her purse and marching out the door."  

I gulped as the guilt rushed through me, this was my entire fault. I shrugged "She wasn't feeling very well." 

"Oh, well come on I can't wait for you to taste my turkey." She gave me a warm smile. She was so clueless I smiled back as we both walked back into the session. My body did what was told, stuffing, baking, tasting, smiling but so many things were catapulting in my mind, what would Shantel do? Would Patrick hate me? Would he feel sorry for her? It was all too much to grasp that night. 

I sat in my room combing my little sister's hair, I wasn't usually this generous but she had this Christmas party to go to and of course she needed my help. The house phone rang and I was way too lazy so I asked her to go pick it up. While I waited for her return I scrolled on my cell to see 4 missed calls I was like what the hell? Then Julie rushed in grinning. 

"What's that smile about?" I asked confused. 

"You have a phone call." 

I got up from the bed quickly, it must have been Hannah. "From who?"

"Your boyfriend." She teased. 

"You little animal." I rushed to the phone hoping to God my mom didn't pick up out of 'curiosity' I entered the kitchen to find her about to pick up the phone. 

"Mom don't!" She leaped from fright and before she could reply I had already grabbed the phone from her hand. 

"Hello?" I said breathlessly.