Family

By the time you got back it was almost three in the morning. Kid dropped you off at the front of your house before heading back to his place. He told you that he'd be busy for the next few days, but that he'd see you in three days. He reminded you that you could text him if you needed anything, but he still didn't tell you anything about Kudo or why you had to meet up with him in three days.

Honestly, it was just inevitable that you weren't going to be able to sleep anymore after everything that happened tonight. So while everyone else in the house rested their weary eyes, you were out in the backyard, sitting on the patio swings with a blanket wrapped around you. Occasionally the light of your phone glowed as you opened it to look at the time, and occasionally you would indulge yourself and open your contacts list to smile at the new name listed there.  Asides from that, the only company you really had was the moonlight, the stars, and your own thoughts.

'Niji-senpai gave me the courage to face Kid head on. Kid gave me hope that things could be fixed. I thought that coming back to Japan would be the death of me. It's already been crazy, but... Is it too early to think that things might be all right?'

The moon showered you with silver light, while the spring breeze whispered gentle words of encouragement in your ears. A gentle smile graced your lips as you wrapped the blanket tighter around yourself.

Time tiptoed past you, the moon hanging lower and lower in the sky. You still sat in the same position, curled up in the warmth of your blanket alone on the three person patio swing. It was the same kind of swing you would sit on with Myde and Rai, waiting for the sun to bring its golden hues over the horizon.

It was just you and the sea of stars, yet you didn't feel a sense of loneliness. Tonight, the endless stretch of stars overhead shimmered brightly, refusing to be overshadowed by the city's lights. It's almost as if they wanted you to see them.

'Every star out there is another world filled with people. Each of those people have their own struggles, their own hopes, their own dreams... Just how many people are out there right now, looking at the same sky?'

There may have been an infinite amount of worlds out there, but all those worlds still shared the same sky. In a sense, you were just like one of those stars. In the sky, you were just a small speck, yet you still had a story to tell. Sometimes your story would intertwine with the stars near you, and all of you would make up a constellation.

'What am I saying?' You internally smiled at your own romantic daydreams. 'I guess I probably should have gotten some more rest, or maybe Cook's rubbing off on me.'

The door to the house opened, followed by the sound of the screen door being pushed to the side.

'Hmm.' You closed your eyes, trying to sense the aura behind you. The bright blue and yellow hues glowed brightly, illuminating everything around it. 'Myde. He's up early.'

"Don't have jet lag?" You asked as you opened your eyes again.                  

Myde stopped in front of the swing, his blue eyes bright and alert as usual. "Nope. Not a bit."

With a small smile on your lips, you extended the oversized blanket out to Myde so he could wrap it around himself. Myde took the seat on your left side, scooching over so he was sitting right beside you. Myde wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer to him like he always did, his warmth replaced the blanket's warmth without fail. Following the all too familiar routine, you rested your head in the crook of his neck and let out a content sigh. The two of you had a habit of getting comfortable around each other like this. It made Cook's little fangirl heart swell with joy, but for you it was just relaxing. Being around Myde's aura was like sunbathing.