Chapter 4

The next day came quicker than later and I was awoken by a loud knock on the door. I rubbed my eyes getting up and yawning walking over to the door. I stretched and opened the door and in front me stood Kayden with a big smile. "Morning Charlotte, we have busy day ahead of us. You better grab something to eat before the dining hall gets swamped." He greeted. I nod and yawn, "What time is it?" I asked tiredly. "It's almost sunrise.", he answered. I looked at him shocked, "Sunrise?, do you always wake this early?" I said. "Well for me yes, everyone else tends to wake up in a few more hours." He answers with a smile.

"And so why do I have to be up early?" I ask with a hint of sarcasm in my voice. "Because I just said, we have a busy day ahead of us, and I don't want you have to scramble with everyone else." He replies. I nod and yawn and head down the hall to grab some food. Once I get to the dining hall I could see that there was practically a feast laid before me on the table. My eyes widen and my mouth drooled a tiny bit, I didn't realize how hungry I was until the scent of bacon filled my nose. I grab a plate and start getting as much as I could of everything.

"You sure you can eat all of that? It would be impressive , since usually wind mages don't eat a lot." A voice spoke. I looked around to see where it was coming from but I couldn't find it. I shrugged and took a bite of my food , it was delicious. I devoured it quicker than I should've, and looked around for a drink. Thankfully there was glass of water next to my plate and took a big gulp swallowing. "Aren't you going to say thank you? I mean you don't have too, but I think you might have some form of manners." a voice said.

I look around and still don't see anyone at all, I get up and push in my chair. "You're really not going to say thank you? Such a disappointment and I thought you were a proper young lady. Sigh." the voice stated. "I uh- thank you? I don't know where you are or who you are or else I would thank you." I replied, truly I don't know why I should say thank you but if it makes whoever this person happy then alright. "Hold on." the voice says. A couple moments later in front of me appears a boy a couple years older than me.

He has dark brown hair and bright blue eyes and is wearing a smirk on his face. He is dressed pretty plain T-shirt with some type of graphic on it and dark jeans with sneakers. "Sorry about that, I forgot I was using an invisibility potion, names' Theo. I'm a water mage. Nice to meet you." he greets shaking my hand. I nod slightly shaking his hand back responding "I'm Charlotte the wind mage but you already know that, how do you know that actually?" He smirks and lifts my chin whispering in my ear "You're the talk of the whole building.." My face flushes red and he pulls away smiling, "and well Lara has a big mouth." he continues.

"Though either way I still had a chance to meet you."He smiles. I nod slightly feeling my face return back to normal. "And it's even better.." he continues. "How so?" I ask, confused, he then lifts my chin again and my face flush a different color. "Because I have you to myself. Kayden would be so jealous, you know. He really likes you. Though you probably don't think the same way." He answers. I start to speak but interrupted by a familiar voice, "Theo , I think you're making Charlotte uncomfortable. Will you please leave her alone." "Sigh.., I guess I will. Too bad, I was having fun.", Theo says letting go of my face and leaves. As soon as he leaves I try to make my face go back to it's normal shade and then look to see who saved me. Standing at the entrance of the dining hall is Kayden with a soft smile, "I'm so sorry about that Charlotte, Theo is a bit of handful and recently got into liking girls. So don't be afraid to tell him to leave you alone." he comments.

"Thank you." I respond, it was more like an impulse more than a response. Kayden smiles and nods, "alright let's get going before the others wake up." I nod and we both walk out of the dining hall and leaving the apartment. As we walk down the stairs and continue down the sidewalk it occurred to me that I don't know how I'm going to pay for anything. "I have a question Kayden, how am I going to pay for the things I need, I have no money. And I don't want you to pay for everything." I ask. "Ah, well since you're a student of Mr. Ellis you get a lot of stuff for free which is mostly you're supplies, clothes I can get you for free since a friend of mine at a store owes me a favor. But if you're wanting to earn your own money then I suggest going to the tavern and talking to the tavern owner, say you're a new student and you're new in town. He'll help you find something to earn some cash." answers Kayden.

I smile relieved, "Oh thank goodness." I comment. Kayden nods and we head to the first store to get supplies. It doesn't take Kayden long grabbing my supplies for me and telling the cashier that I'm a student and we walk out carrying bags with items that I'm pretty sure that Mr. Ellis hasn't even seen. We continue on to the next store getting more stuff and clothes for myself. We then head to the tavern , Kayden talks to the tavern owner with me and I end up getting a job as dishwasher.