Chapter 5

"Oh I didn't mean to interrupt the both of you, I just overheard one of you say something about souls." he continued. The man had tattoos of different symbols and letters on both of arms like sleeves. He wore a buttoned up shirt with ripped sleeves and slacks and sneakers. He had grey hair and silver eyes with an eyebrow piercing on his right eyebrow. As well as a couple of scars on his left cheek completing his look. "Charlotte, I have bad feeling about this." whispered Kayden. I nod slightly , "Don't be scared kiddos, I'm just trying to be friendly." the man grinned.

The man took a step closer and I could feel a chill run up my spine. I looked at Kayden who curled his hands into fists, "Charlotte run.. Run to the apartment.", commanded Kayden. "Ah touching, the boy is going to protect the girlie. Almost like a knight in shining armor." the man commented. The air started to get colder as he got closer, "what are you still doing here charlotte, I told you to run." Kayden warned. "Yeah, run girlie this isn't a place for a lady to fight." the man smirked.

"Charlotte..", I looked at Kayden whose eyes started to glow a brighter orange and so did his body. "Go now." kayden said. "Yes girlie go. They sure will protect you girlie. This boy sure will protect you." the man continued. I closed my eyes, this man was getting on my nerves. "Oh did I upset you girlie, well tough love." said the man. I stand up and turn to face the man, "Oh are you going to fight me too? Are you sure you wanna do that?" the ground beneath us starts to get softer, like snow. "Charlotte.." Kayden says, but I ignore him. I don't care who this man is, he is pissing me off.

I start to chant the words to myself , and a small tornado starts to form in my hands. "Awe, that's adorable girlie, are you going to hurt me with that?" the man snickers. Oh only if you knew, I start to focus all my energy on the tornado making it bigger. "Impressive girlie, but.." an ice chain forms in his hands and swings it against my tornado canceling it out. "Not good enough." the man grins. Then out of nowhere a fireball hits the man in the side making him fall over. "Is that good enough? I don't know though I'm only a kid." a familiar voice says. I look to see who it was, and next to me stands Kayden holding another fireball in his hands, his hair started to turn orange like a flame.

"Look man, I don't know who you are, but if I know anything you don't speak to a lady like that. Especially if that lady is my friend." Kayden speaks. The man tries to stand back up, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. After all when snow melts, it turns to water. " and the man slips. "And like anybody else know if water heats up it boils." The water underneath the man starts to heat up and the man starts screaming. "Fine fine I will leave you two alone. Just stop this!" the man screams. "That's more like it, I want you to leave us alone and I swear if I see you near her, I will gladly give you third degree burns." Kayden smirked.

The man nods, getting up shaking and wobbly off mumbling something. "The leader of Coldvale will not accept this!", he yells limping off out of sight. Kayden shakes his head and then turns to me, "I told you to run? Why didn't you run?" kayden asks concernedly. "The man was getting annoying, and I couldn't leave you alone." I answer truthfully. "Well, you should've ran, you could've gotten hurt." He responds. "I didn't though." I say defensively.

Kayden shakes his head, "No you don't understand. Just don't do it again." he sighs. He makes the fireball disappear and his hair returns to silver. I nod slightly looking down and then back up at him, he turns away from and grabs the bags off the bench. I try to go grab some of them but he ends up grabbing all of them. I frown slightly and he heads to the apartments. I follow behind, "how did you make that fireball appear in your hands without chanting a spell?" I ask. "By now you should know that there are many differences in this world and yours, and that means magic works here differently. In your world you have to speak it in some form of matter to make it real. Here you just focus your energy and emotions into it." he answers.