Chapter Fourteen: Mental

WARNING THIS MAY BE GRAPHIC READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!  -Em

----------------------------------------------------

"Come on Empress." I look in her eyes, trying to get into her head. She begins to whimper, catching what I'm trying to do.

"Piss off." She hisses. I laugh at her tone of voice.

"I see your boyfriend has been rubbing off on you." Her eyes narrowed. Her face gleams with anger.

"Leave her alone!" Lesly yells trying to move from her spot. I whip around to look at her and move into her head.

*

She looks around her seeing nothing but the forest. I make her see her best friend Grace. Her confusion over comes her. I laughed at the scenery.

"Grace?" She whispered to her friend. Grace begins to cough up water. Lesly's runs to her out of shock. As the water is pouring out of Lesly's best friend, Grace. Her eyes doesn't show any sign of fear as she looked at Lesly.

"No no, Grace." Lesly's eyes fill with tears. Ugh those pesky human emotions. So worthless. I shake my head.

Grace then disappears from Lesly's arms. I then snap Lesly out of her thoughts, she lets out a gasp. She looks at me in fear. I smirk at her knowing that I got exactly what I wanted from her.

*

Lesly cries, falling to the ground. Shaken up by what I had made her see. Silly silly little human. She thought that was real, I made it feel like it was real.

"Who are you?" Grace asks me. I smirk. I let each of them go, only to hold them in their spots.

"More like What am I." I walk around the room seeming like I'm thinking. I turn to mist for a split second leaving them to wonder where I had gone. I appear on the top of the stairs, startling them at my sudden appearance.

"Well then what the fuck are you?" Evie snarled at me. I smiled evilly at her. I turn my attention back to Grace. She was in deep thought but soon to be snapped out of her questioning mind. She looks up an I quickly make a move on into her head an begin to play with her thoughts. Just messing with humans and toying with their thoughts and making them think of their worst fear. In Graces case, it was failing at protecting her bestest friends.

I closed my eyes thinking of how to get her to believe that she has failed her friends. I smirk an begin to use my tricks on her. Grace stands on the moist soiled dirt. Empress, Lesly an Evie all stand around her, no expression was shown on their faces.

"Guys?" Grace whispers softly. They continued to be motionless. The girls stepped forward stopping Grace from moving anywhere.

"It's your fault that we're going to die." Evie says. Grace looks hurt by Evie's words. She was about to respond to Evie's remark.