Chapter Eight: Above

•Lesly•

     I look under the house and shine my light only to see something I prayed I would never see. It's Evies boyfriend, they'd been together since 7th grade in middle school. They were gonna get married after college. They had plans, a life.

"Oh my god!No!" I scream I turn to grace and Evie. Grace turns and blocks Evie from seeing what's under the house. "Hold her back Grace don't let her see!" I say to Grace.

    Empress moves out of the way looks down and sees his body. Empress gasps and freezes. "EMPRESS! Go call 911 NOW!" Eyes wide open she grabs the rail shaking and runs inside.

    "Move! LET ME SEE!!" Evie yells. She manages to push Grace out of the way. "NO!!" I exclaim. Before I can stop her she looks and collapses onto her knees in shock and I catch her in my arms.

Holding her she begins to scream and sob grabbing  onto my arm. Grace comes down to meat us in the floor and hugs Evie. Empress returns "They are on their way" she says and sits down with us holding Evie.

We move inside and sit down. Evie is Still sobbing and stunned with what and who she saw. A knock on the door, it's police officers and an ambulance.

   An hour later the paramedics carry the body out and the police officers finish interviewing us. Expect Evie they didn't interview her cause she wasn't speaking, she was catatonic. In a state of shock.

   We walk her up to her room, give her a Xanax and place a blanket on top of her while she sleeps. We all walk down stairs into the kitchen and sit down on the stools while Grace cooks dinner.

"We have to leave." I say. "We can't stay here anymore guys, not after everything that's been going on in this house. And especially not after what just happened to Evie. We can't do that to her." I tell the girls.

"I know." Empress says. "Okay are we just not gonna talk about what happened to empress or HOW Danny ended up under our house? DEAD?!?" Grace asks.

    "I don't know what happened to me last night okay! I'm just as freaked out as you if not more. I mean I wakes up with cut muddy feet." Empress tells us.

  "Oh my god! What if I did that to Danny!?!" Empress exclaims. "What? No! No way! There is no way in hell you could do that to him." I tell Empress. "She's right.He looked like he wan mangles by some kind of animal." She says

    After dinner we go upstairs to check on Evie who is still passed out then head to bed.  Restless all night I feel it in my stomach that something wasn't right.. I just feel off.

  Little did I know that tonight was only the beginning.

---

Hope youre enjoying ourbook
Love Lesly
🦄🦄🦄