Altered Ending

It could have turned out differently. If only Sandy had made it in time. If North had not been kept busy by the two nightmares. If Bunny or Tooth had just turned to see. But no. Pitch's plan had been executed perfectly. Once Pitch poured that vile on top of the ice cocooned it entwine into something dark. The guardians watched in horror as their friend, the guardian of fun, be turned into a dark creatures of fear.

They watch as the young spirit was turned upright and encased in dark ice vines. When they finally cleared the guardians saw Jack with his hair still white but once you saw his eyes begin to open you could see they weren't the kind blue they knew. They were cold, and close to the color of ice. He looked at the guardians from the corner of his eye and smirked. Bearing some teeth, they were sharp and pointy like Pitch.

The guardians were in shock for their once kind, gentle, trickster turned into something from a tale of horror. Tooth tried to call out to the twisted boy but once she got close, something went by her face as a cut formed on her cheek. She fell to the floor in shock and fright. She never saw it coming and for the first time she trembled.

Bunny snarled at the dark child as he tried to pull Tooth away from Jack. The boy was amused. He walked slowly over to them. Ice and frost formed under his feet as they crept closer to the guardians with every step Jack took. Frighten and scared the guardians took out their weapons. They did not want to hurt Jack, but right now he wasn't himself. He was some kind of dark figure the wanted to kill.

Jack, with his twisted smile, crept closer to the guardians. It wasn't until two hands placed themselves on his shoulders did he stopped. Jack looked up to see the Nightmare King himself. Confused and curious at the man, he felt Pitch grab his chin as he tilted it to speak in his ear.

He whispered word of "Beautiful isn't he. Still young and new to the world around him. The prince of darkness"

Jack averted his eyes back over to the guardians as he watched their faces grow with anger. Amused by these creatures antics he wanted to rip them to pieces. But Pitch told him no, not yet. With a flash of black the two disappeared.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It had been so many years now since that faithful day. The guardians were no more, for once Jack learned to became more mature, Jack and Pitch vanquished them to a messily story in children's minds. A once beautiful memory of fun, wonder, laughter, and hope quickly died under the touch of fear.

Now everything in the world was different. The world had formed into a dark ice age utopia. Fear filled the air as Black Ice brought terror into the hearts of man. Pitch drank it like a never ending supply of elixir.

Jack, however, found that life began to dull after a while. Feeling no satisfaction for the scare, he decided to live on his own.

High in the ice mountain of the Artic, Jack had built himself an ice castle made of the same black ice that he and Pitch made when they first did battle here. Jack was looking out the balcony watching the heavy snow fall. He was dressed in a long dark blue coat/rope with a white fur outline of the neckline, sleeves, and bottom. He wore a thorny, ice crown on his head as a close symbol to a king of snow.

No one lived in the ice castle or Artic. That's how Jack began to like it. Solitude. He did not know why or wish to know. He just felt comfortable watching the snow he created fall like a heavy blizzard. For an image came to his head of sitting in a cave watching the snow fall outside. Sadly, Jack's memories seemed to fade over the year of living by himself. He did not care or see the reason why. He just felt satisfied with his way of life.

Suddenly a shadow appeared off Jack's castle walls. Jack did not turn his head but knew who it was. He heard the man, who raised him from a newborn fearling, asking him question. Simple ones of 'How are you?" or "Has any new happen lately" Jack ignored the dark man. It was either because he saw no reason to speak or because he never used his voice anymore since there was no reason to speak.

Pitch just chuckled to himself at the Ice Kings antics. Pitch walked over to the boy and saw that he was staring at the snow. He saw no reason to worry. The old Jack was locked somewhere deep inside the fearling prince and this Jack didn't seem to want to cause trouble. Giving the boy a pat on the shoulder before leaving "You know where to find me"

Jack never turned around. Never looked back as the man fused with the shadow. He just stayed focus, watching the blizzard grow harder.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

This story came to mind a day after putting up this story. I was not happy with my ending or how some of the scenes turned out. I hope that one day I will be able to go back and rewrite it or people will be inspired by this to write their own feral Jack story. For now I wrote a short alter ending to the story if Pitch had succeeded in turning Jack into a fearling. Hope you guys enjoy.