Jet Pack Blues

Dan could feel the hard brick on his back, sliding down until he found himself sitting on cement. The rain poured harder, seeming to feed off his sadness and somber mood. He heaved bulky sobs into his hands, tears mixing with the falling drops. 

Phil sprinted frantically around the buildings littering the neighborhood. Dan had to be here somewhere. His hair was glued to his face, brushing it away from his eyes to get a better view of the puddled alleyway. 

Phil looked to his left and saw a man sitting on the ground next to a building, chocolate-coloured fringe laid over his features. The body was shaking from hurt and chilled bones, but Phil immediately recognized him.

"Dan!" he shouted, rushing over and collapsing next to the male. He threw and arm over the boy's trembling torso and used the other to lift the boy's chin up. "Baby, I'm so sorry."

Dan's eyes opened, meeting a pair of crystal ones. He jerked his face away from Phil's, sobbing once more. "You don't love me, and you're not sorry."

"I do, and I really am!" Phil responded, concern wrapping his words. "I know I messed up, but-"

"That's what they all say. 'I know I messed up, but you really can trust me. I promise.'" Dan spat the last word, glaring at one of the nearby plants that was coated in rain.

Phil sighed. "I don't love him, it was an accident."

"You 'accidentally' hooked up with my best friend? Yeah, I totally believe you."

"You should!"

Dan raised his hand and swung at Phil, missing by mere inches. Phil cupped his face gently and pulled Dan into a rough kiss.

Dan tried to will himself to break it, but was too intoxicated by Phil's taste that it really wasn't of any use. He knew he would get hurt again, but if getting hurt felt this good, he would be up for any type of pain.

317 words, loosely based on the song "Jet Pack Blues" by Fall Out Boy.