l. london

INSTAGRAM
l. LONDON

monday, 9th january 2017
shawn mendes

walking down the streets of london, i walk into starbucks and straight to the counter and order a drink. collecting it after paying i look around the shop for leigh and daniel.

i mentally curse myself for not really knowing what they look like, except for leigh has blonde hair and daniel had dark brown.

looking around the shop, i see a girl with blonde hair and a boy with dark brown hair. i notice cameras on their table. i smile and make my way over.

"hey guys!" i smile.

"hey shawn!" leigh smiles, standing up to embrace me.

while daniel hugs me, leigh grabs her cameras and starts walking outside.

we walk down the busy streets of london. even though there's lots of people in work and school, the streets are still really busy.

"so where are we gonna go?" i ask.

"we're just going to walk around and if i see a nice place we'll take some photos." leigh smiles.

i nod as we continue walking down the busy street. about five minutes of walking leigh stops us and points out a nice brick wall about five foot away from us.

while i pose by the wall, leigh snaps photos from different angles. after about five minutes of doing different poses and leigh doing different angles she stands up and nods.

"alright, let's keep going."

we continue walking until daniel complains about being hungry. leigh looks around, then points to the burger king over the road.

once we've crossed the road, we walk past the big windows before getting to the door.

"uhh i don't think we should go in, let's go to a different one." leigh says quickly.

"what? why?" i ask.

"katie's in there. i doubt you want to see her," leigh says pointing through the window.

i turn around to face the window, where as leigh said, sat katie opposite a boy as they laugh about something.

"i thought she would have wanted to come?" i question.

"no, she asked us if we were meeting you and we said yes so she said she was going to take adam shopping with her to help pick out a dress." leigh explains.

"she still hasn't got her dress?" i ask, now looking at leigh and daniel.

they shake their head. "she hasn't found one she likes really."

"she's been looking since september, she was sending photos to me and asking my opinion on them." i say. "yet she still hasn't found one she likes?"

"nope," daniel shakes.

i look back into she restaurant to see she's looking dead at me. i gulp as she quickly turns away and faces adam again.

she looks even more beautiful in person. her hair falls perfectly down her back with small curls at the end as she continues her conversation with adam, laughing every now and then.

throughout the day, we walk around and stop to take photos. well, leigh takes the photos.

when it starts to get dark, leigh gets excited saying how she loves this time because the lights are so pretty.

we came to where big ben was and see the sun setting, resulting in leigh telling me and daniel to pose in front of it while she takes photos. after that she shunts us out of the way to take photos of the sunset and big ben on its own.

when it gets fully dark, we take a few pictures but not many before heading back to leigh's house.

"that's katie's house," leigh points.

i turn to look at the beige house that she's pointing at. it has a beautiful front garden full of flowers with a pebbled pathway to the door. it's a very beautiful house, something i would expect katie to live in.

daniel decides to go home instead of going back to leigh's house. when we get there we say hi to her parents before going up to her room where she goes through the photos on her computer.

"i know you miss her." leigh says, as she looks through the pictures she took today.

"uhh-i guess so, i didn't think i would really."

"she misses you too."

"really?" i ask.

she nods. "you should try talking to her while you're here."

"yeah. i should," i pause. "i may do tomorrow."

she turns towards me and smiles. "i'm glad."