lxxi. facetime

INSTAGRAM
lxxi. FACETIME

sunday, 5th march 2017
katie fellows

shawn answers my facetime call, finally. he's standing in his hotel bathroom shavings, like he said he was. i'm guessing he's propped his phone up on the sink so i can still see him and vice versa.

"so why are you shaving, mendes?" i ask, trying not to laugh at how ridiculous he looks with shaving foam all over the bottom half of his face.

"i'm all stubbly! i can't be full of stubble being eighteen. i don't want to have a beard growing yet because then i'll be called a pervert for hanging around with you." he pouts as he looks down to the camera.

"aww boo. you are a pervert though," i tease.

"am not, there's two years difference so shush your mouth woman." he says as he washes his hands and grabs his razor.

"i'm not a woman, i'm only sixteen. however you're a man so you could be classed as a pervert because i'm still classed as a girl." i laugh.

he groans. "katieeeee,"

"i'm joking shawn," i giggle "you're still a boy too."

"i actually thought you were going to say something serious then." he rolls his eyes.

"that was serious!"

he scoffs. "yeah alright, and i'm the pope."

"meanie." i pout.

he continues shaving while i continue to put my makeup on. i pick up my eyeliner and go to apply it when he goes to speak.

"you know, you do-"

"shut up i need silence for this." i interrupt him.

once i've done my eyeliner i put it back and see shawn looking at me intently.

"you can talk now." i laugh.

"thank god," he grumbles "you know you don't need all of that, you're beautiful without it."

i groan. "you always say that."

"that's because it's true." he shrugs.

"yeah well i don't fancy walking around in public with splotches of red all over my face and bags under my eyes."

"trying to impress someone are ya?" he smirks.

"no, well i don't know really." i sigh.

shawn's smirk falls and he makes a confused face. "what do you mean?"

i open my mouth to answer when the door behind shawn opens and someone walks in.

"yo shawn, what's taking you so long? oh. hey katie!" brian exclaims.

i smile and give a small wave, staying quiet.

"did i interrupt something?" he asks, now guilty.

"no, it's okay. what did you want?" shawn asks.

"andrew was wondering what was taking you so long. we have to leave soon."

"tell him katie needed me, i'll be out in a minute." shawn says, turning back to face me and continuing to shave his face.

"alright, see you in a minute." with that he closes the door.

"we'll continue this later. i want to know what's wrong okay?"

i nod, looking down at my lap. i hear him sigh.

"katie, i'm not mad at you. i just want to know what's wrong, i want to know what's making you feel the need for wearing makeup as soon as you wake up to when you go to sleep."

"i'll tell you later." i mumble. "bye."

"love ya." he smiles. but i see him frown when i don't answer like i normally do, but instead just hang up.

i sigh. i'm always the one to ruin it, all he asked was a simple question and i got all moody with him.

looking at myself in the mirror, i quickly finish my makeup before grabbing my phone and bag and head out for the day.

so i'm thinking about doing a few chapters like this instead of just instagram. just to show things that shawn doesn't know goes on. let me know if you want them :)