Chapter 7

We pull up to the airport and slow to a stop. I go to get out but my door locks and my earbud is pulled out. I turn my head to look at my dad. "Jade, I'm sorry you had to see and go through all that." He apologizes. I shrug my shoulders and he continues. "I hope your vacation is wonderful. I love you honey." I say nothing as he cries and unlocks my door. I slam it shut and walk into the airport not looking behind me once. Once in the airport I go through all the stupid security checks and metal detectors then find a seat and just sit for a while. Half an hour later I get up and go into the bathroom stopping at a mirror and taking in my appearance. My shoulder length brunette hair which looks hideous. A yellow top, black jeans and a crappy pair of sneakers. Then I see the bruise on my cheek. What has my life come to? I don't even know who I am anymore. I use to be the quiet girl that always listens to her parents and never spoke back. Now I'm a monster who gets abused and swears at her parents, does drugs, kisses a teacher and causes drama at home. I let out a deep sigh and head back out to where I was sitting only to see the plane was boarding. "Too bad this isn't my flight." I mumble to myself. I watch the last person get on but the door doesn't shut. A woman with bright red hair walks over to me. "There's an extra seat, would you like to come aboard?" She kindly asks me. Shocked my mouth pops open and I nod my head. "Come on then" The woman tells me as we go down the hall leading to the plane. We step in the plane and she gently guides me to the first seat. OMG FIRST CLASS!!! Happy I sit down and thank the lady, quickly drifting off to sleep.