Chapter 17

Two weeks have passed and I haven't seen nor talked to Zack the whole time. Instead I have been with my grandmother, antique shopping, grocery shopping, and being bored out of my mind. Today I think she's finally seeing how bored I am and asks if I want to take a walk around her quaint little town;I immediately agree, so here we are walking around town marveling at everything and when I say everything I mean it- I had recently picked up a pebble and started talking to it before brutally tossing it in the road where a car ran over it. "Poor pebble." My grandma says sadly. Unable to stop laughing I manage to say. "Oliver had it coming." My grandmother makes her eyes go big and looks upset. "Gee what a monster you are." She mumbles under her breathe. I continue laughing like a maniac as we continue our walk slowly coming to a stop by a light post and reading a sign. "Parade, at 9:30am two towns over June 4th." I read aloud. "Grandma that doesn't make sense, which way two towns over? Ugh they really need to be more specific." I say more to the lamp post then my grandma. She begins to walk away and decides to start talking, I honestly hate when she does that. Running up to her I ask her to repeat. "Jade, you know what town it's in, we went to it a few years back." She says as if I remember. I say nothing and continue walking with her. Twenty minutes later we are back in the car, headed home and thoroughly exhausted. "Never again am I walking that much again!" I exclaim. My grandma laughs and turns on the music. Ten minutes later we are pulling in the garage and I decide to go outside and sit on a rather large rock, taking pictures and posting them on Instagram. Sometime later I turn around and see Zack's car driving away, right before he goes out of sight he honks his horn and waves to me. I wave back then go inside- I wonder how long he was here for. Once inside I go and ask my grandma the same question I just asked myself. She says that he'd only been here for about three and a half minutes, he was just picking something up. When I begin asking what he was picking up my grandma instantly gets agitated and tells me to leave her alone. Confused at her sudden outburst I sadly walk into my room, closing the door behind me and calling my dad. The phone rings and rings, finally he picks up. "Hey sweetie, what's up?' He asks happily. "Oh dad, I miss you. My vacation has been so dramatic." I tell him. Sounding distracted he responds with "That's nice, hey I have to go. I'll call you later okay?" Without waiting for a response he hangs up. Glaring at my phone I toss it away from me and begin to let the tears fall. Nobody is ever happy with me. I hate my life. I think to myself. "Tomorrow will be better." I promise myself as I step out if my room and find something to snack on.