Chapter 5 - Ryuuji's Testing | リュウジのテスト

(A/N: Part of this chapter was written by Inazuma_Yoshi, the other person who writes this series and the person who edits the grammar. Thanks so much, bestie! X3)

Ryuuji was still invisible when he came to a room where he saw that Kairu was being thrown around. He crept inside the room without being seen.

Garshield threw Kairu into the wall knocking Ryuuji to the ground, making him visible. The man now saw both of them in a heap.

"YORU-NII! YOU CAME TO SAVE ME!!" Kairu cried.

Ryuuji hugged Kairu. "I'm here, bro, don't cry."

Before any more was said, Garshield pulled Kairu away from him abruptly.

"You're here to take my subject away from me, I see? Well, I could have you as well, but if you fight me and win, which I doubt, you can have him back. But if I win, hand yourself over to me, boy."

Ryuuji looked down in thought. He clenched his fist, then looked at the man when he had decided.

"I'll fight you, but you must promise that if you get me, you will let Kairu-nii free."

Garshield cackled. "Why should I? Look at him, and what great brain power he has."

The infuriated boy looked at Kairu, then at the man.

"HE LOOKS SCARED, TIRED... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM?!..." He yelled, out of breath with a heavy heart.

"NAN'DA?!!"

Smirking evilly, Garshield pulled Kairu and removed his hospital gown, turning him to show Ryuuji his back. Kairu had to long scars down his back. He cried as he forced his wings out to show his brother. Laughing as Kairu's wings were out, Garshield commented: "Don't he look better?"

Ryuuji furiously scanned his eyes over Kairu's wings. "YOU FREAK!! YOU SHOULD BE IN PRISON!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Garshield asked Kenzaki to take Kairu, meanwhile planning to fight Ryuuji. Ryuuji watched Kairu leave, then turned to Garshield. The old rich man smirked at Ryuuji while strolling over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You'll never fight me, boy! Look at you; you're getting weaker and weaker as I speak."

Gradually, the boy felt weaker at hearing Garshield's harsh words. But that didn't stop him. He tried pushing the Garshield but he pulled out a needle out of practically nowhere and stabbed it into Ryuuji's cheek. Ryuuji gasped and started to sweat as the needle stuck deeply into his cheek.

The boy fell to the ground. Although weak and tired, he was then grabbed by his shoulder and thrown into a cage.

"You! Stay there and change into this." Garshield yelled and threw what look like a hospital gown. Ryuuji reluctantly changed into the gown and was taken out of the cage and had a tag put around his ankle like a typical hospital patient.

Turning, he saw Kairu in his cage about to be tested on again.

Ryuuji bit his lip. "DONT YOU DARE TOUCH HIM!! Spare him and take me."

Ryuuji eyed Kenzaki, his old coach and current nemesis. Kenzaki plonked Kairu to the side and took Ryuuji to be tested instead.

Kairu's eyes slowly wandered up and stared into his brother's eyes. "Ryuu-nii, you saved me!"

Ryuuji smiled. "You are my little brother, and that's what brothers do."

The younger watched in horror as Ryuuji was led to the maze, not knowing what he was in for.

"RYUU-NII, DON'T! Keep turning left twice, then turn right three times, keep going straight on once and that's the way out!" Kairu managed to call before Kenzaki could silence him with a hand.

Roughly, the green-haired boy was pushed into the maze. As he looked around, he followed what Kairu said to him, then suddenly a shock went up his spine from the tag on his ankle.

Ryuuji shouted in pain as the electricity vibrated on his back, falling to the ground.

Garshield snatched a microphone. "Not so tough, now your brothers aren't with you!"

Gritting his teeth, Ryuuji got up feeling even weaker than ever. It was worse for him than having the flu. He slowly got up, but before he could start again, another shock zapped up his spine. Ryuuji managed to ignore it and run through the maze to the end, where he collapsed from tiredness.

"Flipping weak. Call yourself a hero, huh?" Garshield laughed.

The tired new subject ran to the end of the maze, lying down on the ground when he eventually got there, very tired from the shocks all the time. No matter how much he sweated, he still felt very hot, but was then taken to another place.

He was pushed into a dark room where Kairu was. By this time, Ryuuji had been totally exhausted and he flopped onto the floor.

-

Ryuuichirou climbed a tree and climbed onto the roof of the lab. Sneaking into the window, he thought he was a genius, but fell right into a trap.

"Ne, miro! It's another one!" the lady spoke.

"You got the drug?" a man asked her. Ryuuichirou tried to run away but when he ran the needle stuck right into his side.

Ryuuichirou went pale. "Ow, you freaks!" he coughed. Another man led Ryuuichirou to a room.

-

Ryuuji was still lying on the floor, Suddenly, he felt very strange, as if he was becoming a different creature of some sort. Looking towards his back, he saw a tail and wings. His skin was turning green, he got way taller, his teeth were huge and extremely sharp and he had bright yellow irises around his pupils.

His brother watched in amazement as he formed into a dragon.

Garshield picked up his microphone once more. "That's your bait." He announced, signaling towards Kairu.

The dragon turned to Kairu, licked his lips and slowly walked towards him. Kyle stepped back as far as he could until he was against the hard, cold stone wall behind him. Kairu's brother got closer to him. He sniffed Kairu, then rubbed his head on him.

"Please don't eat me." Kairu whimpered.

Ryuuji picked him up, like an animal would do to its young, and put his brother beside him, covering him with his tail.

Rubbing his head against Kairu's, he whispered "Don't worry, Nii-san is here."

Still well in his dragon form, Ryuuji watched over Kairu as he slept beside him. He was about to fall asleep himself when there was a loud bang.

-

Ryuuichirou stomped around and saw himself as a red dragon. "What the heck what will Shirou-chan think of me?" asked himself.

Kairu snuggled more into Ryuuji.

Ryuuji jumped up and used his claw to make a small hole in the building material. By peeking through, he saw a slightly recognisable red dragon flying. He picked Kairu up and carried him in his mouth, smashing through the wall like a bulldozer.

Kairu grinned and his eyes lightened up. "BRO, YOU'RE FLYING!!"

The red dragon stopped and zoomed over to the green dragon. "Ryuuji-kun, they turned you into a dragon too?!" Ryuuichirou gaped at him.

Ryuuji nodded not letting go of Kairu. Kairu giggled as he was shaken by the nod.

Ryuuichirou flapped his wings in distress. "Shirou-kun and the others are with Sesshoumaru-san. Ikee! Hayaku!"

So the two dragons flew into the night with Kairu.

-

"I'm going in!" Osamu turned into a bat.

"Me too." Haruya replied.

Fuusuke, Shirou and Reina looked over to them. "And us!"

They all went in, but soon were captured themselves, not knowing that they were just making it harder for themselves.