CHAPTER 2.

Gavin's POV

I managed to get through the dog flap built into the door and sprinted to the one place I never thought I'd go to again. I reached it, and pushed the door open. It was silent. No animals. Did they...die? I heard someone sigh in frustration. Ryan.

I ran into the experiment room, and barked at the shape of someone crouched over the table. Ryan turned, and looked at me, confused, then his eyes widened. I turned away from him and looked at the bin, where I remember the liquid being thrown 4 years ago today. I ran to the bin, grabbed the syringe and stuck it on my leg, and tried to push the thing down. I managed it and felt myself stretching. I whimpered at the pain, but soon it ended. I slowly stood up, taking in my human appearance, noticing that I had no doggy-ears, but still had a tail. Ok, so I just need to prepare myself for Micoo. I ignored Ryan and went to a closet filled with clothes, and picked out a blue-ish top and jeans. It was so weird seeing colour, but I felt like I was supposed to do this. I managed to squeeze my tail into the jeans. Those things really had little to no tail room. I slipped the shirt over my head then grabbed a beanie, thinking it would be best to hide my hair for now. Didn't want people recognising me as Micoo's dog. I walked over to Ryan then, and spoke.

"Hey, Ryan, think you could get me a job at Achievement Hunter? I need to be closer to Micoo." The speech came easily to me, as if I had been a human my whole life.

"W-what? Why? Ya know what, I don't care. Just take my place. I quit anyway."

"Uh, ok, thanks." I walked out, having to hold my arms out to stop from falling.

(Time skip...)

I was walking along the street, my arms out like a child to balance myself. It was weird, not hearing or smelling things I had done out on walks with Micoo. I looked at the clothes in a store when I walked into something and fell over, as did that something, and my beanie fell off. I rubbed my head and looked to see who it was.

Micoo. Oh crap.

Michael's POV

I was rushing back home, on the phone to my neighbours, who had apparently seen Gavin running out of the house and down the street. I was really worried. He could've gotten run over or something. Or kidnapped. Just then I walked into someone, and we both fell over. I was about to shout and curse at them when I stopped. I felt like those emerald eyes were familiar. And that hair was the exact shade as Gavin's fur. I stared, slightly dazed for a second before getting snapped back into reality and standing up, before helping the other guy up.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

"No prob, dude. What's your name?" I asked, making conversation.

"Gavin." My eyes widened at that.

"Are you shitting me? My dog's called Gavin!" I shouted, making the whole street look at us. "Anyway, my name's Michael. Wanna go get a drink?"

"Yeah, sure, Micoo."

"It's Michael."

"Micoo."

"Mi-Chael."

"Mi-Coo."

"Oh, forget it. Come on."

I swear I saw him smile as I turned around, leading him to the coffee place. For some reason, this guy reminded me a lot if someone, but I couldn't tell who.