Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Same Old Past

"Monica, baby" I grown as I head granny called my name. Why? because it means I have to wake up and eat breakfast with them in this early. For those who can't get it, I'm not a morning person -_-

I decided to get my ass off my bed to start my daily routine.

After shower, I put on my clothes and comb my hair and walk downstairs, to kitchen.

There, my grandparents and...

Who is this.. guy??

"Oh, baby. I'm glad that you're finally here to eat breakfast with us." she said, smiling at me.

"and oh, you're friend, Neil is here too" she continued.

Neil finally turned to me.

"Neil? It's too early" I said.

"Well, good morning to you too Monica" he joked.

"Eat your breakfast with us now, young lady" grandpa said.

"Yes, handsome old man" I said back and everybody started to laugh.

After breakfast, me and Neil decided to take a walk. He's so funny and talkative.

"So you're really not from Cheshire, aren't you?" I asked him.

We sit on an old bench near an old lake. Not to far from my house.

"I really grew up in Ireland, but when I was 10..." he breath out "but when... when my parents died in a car accident, I started to live here with my grandparents but granny died because of heart attack last year" he continued, I noticed the tears fighting up to fall from his face.

"I'm sorry" I apologize. So now I know we had the same past.

"No, it's okay. I've moved on anyways." He said.

"I moved on not because I want to forget the past, I moved on because they wanted me face the future with a smile that never last" he continued.

"Me too..." I started

"What?" he asked, confused.

"You've been asking me why we moved here, right?" I said.

"Um. Yeah, but I was just curious when I asked you that question. You don't really have to tell me if you're not comfortable yet" he said.

I guess I should tell him. And at the same time, I think he's a trust worthy kind of person, and I like that.

"No, it's unfair that you told me the story of your past while me, still holding mine.."

"It's not a big deal you know? I just told you my story because you're my friend, actually the only friend here." he said.

"Oh" that's the only words that came out from my mouth.

"Yep" he chuckled.

"No. I want to tell you my story not because you told me yours, its because I trust you with it" I assured him.

I saw a big grin planted on his handsome face. "Thank you" he says and I nod.

"Well, my... my parents d-died in a car accident, two months ago..." I started. "I was in a friend's house when..."

*Flashback*

"Mom I can go home on my own, it's only birthday party" I said in the other line.