Chapter Two

I live in a flat in Shoreditch, London, with my best friend Claire. Her boyfriend, Adam, practically lives with us too. I tend to call him the squatter, because it’s not like he pays rent or anything. I was sat in my room when I got the message from Joe and I hadn’t realised that I has let out a very loud scream.

Adam the squatter came running into my room holding a cheese grater like some sort of baseball bat.

‘What the hell are you doing in my room!?’ I raised an eyebrow at him.

‘I heard a scream I thought maybe an alien had fallen in through your window or something.’

I raised my eyebrow even higher ‘What were you going to do? Grate it to death? Very effective.’

He looked at his hands. ‘Well actually me and Claire are just making bolognaise...i’m in charge of the cheese...’

I rolled my eyes. ‘What a knight in shining armour you are. At least you actually came in I guess. MORE THAN CLAIRE DID.’ I yelled the last bit to make sure she heard me.

‘I’VE KNOWN YOU SINCE UNI. YOU USED TO SCREAM EVERY TIME YOU SAW A PICTURE OF DAVID TENNANT. I WASN’T GOING TO SACRIFICE MY DINNER TO SEE ANOTHER PICTURE OF HIM.’ She shouted back.

‘Yeah she does have a point.’ The squatter chimed in.

‘Fuck off Adam. JOE SUGG SENT ME A MESSAGE. HE WANTS TO COLLAB’

I heard some scuffling and then Claire appeared at my door with a pan full of spaghetti. ‘OH MY GOD THAT IS EXCITING!’

‘I TOLD YOU!’

‘Okay okay, enough with the yelling.’ Adam  scrunched his face up and claire put her hand on his shoulder as an apology.

‘So have you replied?’ Claire asked.

‘I don’t really know what to say.’

‘It’s probably a bit early to ask him to marry you.’ Claire laughed as I rolled my eyes again.

‘Very funny. If neither of you are going to be helpful then you can go back to your bloody bolognaise.’

Claire turned to Adam. ‘Darling, would you mind putting this on to boil. I’ll be back in five minutes.’ She passed him the pan as he left. She walked over to my bed and sat next to me.

‘Right. Lets reply to this gorgeous little man.’

I rested my head on her shoulder. ‘You’re the best.’

‘I know you’re not good with words. I don’t want you to embarrass yourself.’ She had a point.

After writing and rewriting I’d decided on my mesage.  

To ThatcherJoe

Thank you so much for watching my video and for actually subscribing! I’ve been a long time viewer of yours so I would obviously absolutely love to collab with you. I told my mum that you messaged me and now she is currently watching some of your videos! She wants me to tell you that she thinks your hair looks very fluffy and soft. I think you’ve gained yourself a new fan!

OliSparksIt, but you can call me Oli or Sparks. I’d rather you didn’t call me It.

Claire had gone to eat her food as I finished off the message and my mum then rang me to tell me about her new washing machine that apparently is ‘completely awesome’ and that I have to use it next time I come down to visit. Which is pretty regularly. I told her the news and that’s when she started to watch Joe, I added in the little message from her just before I sent it off.

I was then left eagerly waiting for his reply.

To Oli. Definitely not It.

Your mum sounds like an absolute star and if our collab goes well I’d love to do a video with her in it too! I’m so happy you and your mum like my videos. I know I’m not the only one in my family that likes your videos either, Zoe is a definite fan, I forced her to start watching them when I found you! Not that I really had to force her or anything. She was addicted after I showed her the one about you telling the story of accidentally being naked when a window cleaner came round. So funny.

Anyway. From some of your vlogs, you mention that you live in London? I’m coming down for a meeting next week if you want to meet up for coffee and discuss plans on our collab then? It’d be nice to meet you too. Don’t worry if your busy or something next week. We can always organise something else.

ThatcherJoe. I prefer Joe but Thatcher isn’t too bad either.

I didn’t want to disturb Claire and Adam anymore so I only squeeled quietly. It was a lot easier to reply to him this time.

To Joe. It’d be weird calling you Thatcher but I’ll keep that one in mind.

I can’t believe Zoë watches my videos too! I appreciate the Sugg love. As an internet addict I never really have a lot planned so I’m definitely up for a coffee next week. I live in the most hipster part of London so I’m sure I can find us some sickenly hip place for a drink.

Oli.

To Oli

I’m glad you love the Sugg Love and I am equally as happy with the Spark Love. I’ll be expecting truly great things from this hipster hang out so impress me! Not that I want to you to feel pressure or anything. I’d honestly be fine with a starbucks. But yeah, next week sounds brilliant. I’ll give you my number so it’s easier for us to plan for next week and the future.

Joe.

I can’t believe he gave me his phone number. I can’t believe the sugg’s watch my video. I can’t believe that Joe even messaged me in the first place. Woah. 

And now to wait for next week.