Chapter 17

The hotel was right next to the beach, with a private pier and everything. The room Okami and I shared was on the ninth floor, and had a door that led to Summer and Lyn's room. The guys were all across the hall, and were being loud.

 Out of her bag, Okami pulled out her teal one-piece swimsuit, and a fresh roll of duct tape.

 "It's waterproof." She said, placing it on her bed. "Just in case." She then disappeared with her suit into the bathroom to change while I unpacked.

 The room had two beds, two closets and a desk, which Okami had set her camera on.

 I was unpacked by the time Okami was done.

 "Wow, that was fast." She said, putting the duct tape roll on her wrist.

 "Meh, it's just easier to get it done when I am still awake." I said, walking to the bathroom to change.

 The entire bathroom was white and silver, from the showerhead to the tiles on the floor.

 I pulled my hair into a braid, and put on my suit, which was a pair of violet short swim shorts and a surf tee shirt to match. I also switched out my gloves to the waterproof pair I always wore while swimming.

 "I will not let the bad things in Kalos ruin my fun here." I whispered over and over, leaning my head against the mirror above the sink. "It will not affect me. He will not affect me." I repeated it like an oath to myself. 

 "Elianna! Are you ready yet?!" I hear Okami yell from the shared room.

 "Yeah, just gimme a sec." I replied, staring myself down in the mirror. "You will have fun. You will have fun. You will have fun..." I kept muttering until "E-Elianna? Are.. you okay?.." a small voice made themselves heard, it took me a moment to remember my new talking fox friend. I looked down at Shadow, noticing the worry in her eyes. I bent down to her level, getting closer. "Shadow! You're not meant to be talking!" I hissed, making sure no one heard her. It seemed like the others were waiting for us outside our room. I picked Shadow up, stroking her to reassure her that I was okay. I didn't want anyone to know how much everything has been getting to me recently. "Let's go, now." I said, Shadow in my arms, to Okami.

 "Good the others are waiting for us!!" She said, holding two beach towels. I didn't question why she got in my bag.

 I grabbed my towel and we headed out, colliding with Lyn and Summer.

 "Hey, the guys are already scouting out a good spot to set up." Lyn said, wearing a beautiful tankini that was patterned with Umbreon spots. Summer adjusted her pink frilly bikini and smiled.

 "Let's head on down!" She said, taking my arm and Okami's, effectively dragging us to the elevator.

 About five minutes later, our feet were in the sand, and the sun was on our backs.

 "Hey, Elianna, do you know how to surf?" Santiago asked. Apparently, Tamer decided to stay back.

 "Yeah, Grant, one of the Kalos Gym Leaders, taught me when I first arrived in Kalos." I said, stretching out on my towel.

 Summer yanked me to my feet.

 "Prove it." She demanded.

 "Um, I don't have a board. And those waves are weak." I pointed out. "They aren't good for surfing."

 "Oh." She said, right when we were at the water, the waves lapping around out ankles. "Well, while we are here..."

She suddenly pushed me into the water.

 "Hey!" I said, surprised.

 Summer began laughing hysterically, along with some of the others who had seen what happened from their towels.

 She stopped laughing when I pulled her into the water too.

 "Not cool, Elianna!" She shrieked, then had a face full of ocean water.

 I laughed, then was tackled by Lyn, forcing me, once again, into the water.

 Eventually, everyone was tackling everyone else into the water and we were all soaked. Summer and Fonse' did that cheesy underwater kiss and Okami, whose camera was waterproof as well as the duct tape, took a picture of it.

 All of our partners were romping around on the sand, so they could play with Okami's Charmander, which I thought was super sweet of them.

 "Splash fight!" Crow(Scarecrow) shouted, splashing Okami in the face.

 In retaliation, she decided to rip off a piece of duct tape and place it over his mouth.

 "That works!" Ash said, pulling Lyn off her feet and under the water.

 She kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and he went under, clutching himself.

 "That's what you get!" She said, yelling at the place where he went under. Moments later, he burst out of the water and Okami placed a piece of duct tape over his mouth.

 "Is this normal?" I asked Santiago.

 Before he could respond, Okami put a piece of duct tape over his mouth.

 Summer and I almost fell over laughing. "Nobody is safe from the tape!" Okami said, taping Fonse''s mouth shut as well.

 "Hahahaha," Lyn toppled onto Okami, who fell into the water.

 When she resurfaced, Lyn's mouth got taped.

 "Nah, man, I'm out!" I said, sprinting towards shore.

 I turned around to see Summer get her mouth taped.

 "Daww, but I wanted to tape your mouth with this cute Poke-print, Elianna!" Okami said, shoving Crow into the water.

 "Nah, I'm good!" I said, sitting on my towel, and beginning to dry off. "I'm probably gonna head back inside, see you later!"

 I picked up my towel and ran, giggling, hearing splashing behind me.

 I launched into the elevator and went up to our room to shower. I got out, put on my pajamas, which were pink skitty print, and braided my hair when Okami came back in.

 "You missed it." She said, getting her pjs and heading to the bathroom. "Summer got dunked by Lyn and Fonse' so she and Crow had a splash battle with them and Santiago almost got swept out to sea."

 Shadow yawned and climbed onto my bed.

 "And the Pokemon built a sandcastle. Somehow." She finished, before shutting the door to shower.

 I climbed into bed, and pulled the sheets over my head, Shadow curled up next to me, and fell asleep as Okami got out of the shower and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~

 I woke up at eight the next morning, and something felt off.

 I placed my hand over my mouth and felt.

 "Okami....." I mumbled through the tape, pulling it off.

 A note was sitting on the bedside table next to me. It read;

 Honey,

 You can't outrun me when I decide to tape something. Enjoy the Skitty print!

 Fondly,

  Okami

I rolled my eyes and jumped out of bed, noticing that Okami wasn't in her bed, snooping a bit, I found the tape she used, with pink Skitty print, under her bed.

 I picked it up and quietly went into Summer and Lyn's room, where Okami was crashed out on a couch.

 "This means war..."