chapter 21

~third person POV~

The real Kakashi appeared behind Zabuza and held his kunai to his throat.

"Don't move. It's over." Kakashi stated.

"It's over? You don't get it." Zabuza chuckled. "There is no way you can defeat me with your monkey-like imitations." He began laughing. "But that was impressive of you! At that time you had already copied my water clone jutsu... you had your clone say those words to attract my attention while the real you stayed in the mist and watched, nice plan. But..." Kakashi's eyes widened as another Zabuza appeared behind him. "I'm also not that easy." The clone turned back into water.

"That one's a fake too!!" Naruto yelled in shock.

Kakashi turned around as Zabuza swung his sword at him. Kakashi ducked just in time causing the sword to get stuck in the ground. Zabuza switched hands and spun his leg, kicking Kakashi who was sent flying. Zabuza grabbed his sword free from the ground and charged at Kakashi. He then realized caltrops and was forced to stop.

"Foolish." He turned and jumped as Kakashi fell into the water.

"Careless." Aimi clicked her tongue.

"You're one to talk, brat."

'Not now fur ball.'

"SENSEI!" Naruto yelled.

Sakura was slightly shaking and Sasuke was also slightly shocked.

"He's also strong in taijutsu."

Kakashi slowly went to the surface of the water. Zabuza reappeared behind Kakashi and did some hand signs.

"Baka." Kakashi's eyes widened and Zabuza finished his seals.

" Kakashi's eyes widened and Zabuza finished his seals

"WHAT!?"

"You tried to scape to the water. Big mistake. Hehehe, now I have you in an inescapable prison! It's tougher if you can't move, you know? Now Kakashi, we can finish things later. First, I'll take care of them." Zabuza turned forward with his hand still in the water and made a hand seal. "Water clone jutsu." A water clone surfaced from the water as Zabuza laughed some more. "Wearing those headbands and acting like ninjas. A real ninja is someone who has survived numerous brushes with death. In other words, you can call yourself a ninja when you appear in my bingo book." His clone made another hand seal. "You four aren't ninjas."

Naruto was shaking uncontrollably. He was then kicked back by Zabuza, his headband flew off his forehead and on to the ground, and Zabuza stepped on it.

Aimi glared at Zabuza as she clenched her fists, wanting nothing more than to give him a slow and painful death for what he did to her brother.

"You're just brats." Zabuza said as everyone else turned to look at what happened in shock.

"NARUTO!!" Sakura yelled.

"Take Tazuna-san and run!! You have no chance of beating him!!" Kakashi yelled at them, Naruto was shaking on the ground. "As long as he's keeping me trapped in this prison he can't move!" Sakura wasn't shaking as much. "The water clone cannot go very far from his real body!" Tazuna was sweating. "Just run away now!"

Thinking about how things would go if they didn't free the jōnin, Sasuke engaged Zabuza's clone. He threw shurikens in all directions, but Zabuza just deflected them with his sword. Sasuke then jumped in the air and claps his hands in a fist to pummel his head, but Zabuza caught him by his neck and threw him far.

Zabuza appeared in front of Naruto, towering over him and making a giant shadow. Naruto is paralysed in fear. As he tried to escape, he put pressure on his hurt hand, making it thump. It didn't hurt as much since Aimi healed it, but he remembered what his wound meant. It symbolized his Oath of Pain; to never let anyone safe him, to never back down and to never lose to Sasuke again.

Naruto charged at Zabuza's clone and everyone else watched in fear, he was not strong enough to fight against a jōnin. He dived down to his feet, but Zabuza just kicked him back where he began.

"What are you doing attacking him all by yourself!? Even Sasuke couldn't get to him! We genin have no chance against him!" Sakura yelled at him.

'Naruto, you idiot.' Aimi smiled. 'So that's what you were after.'

When Naruto got back up, he was holding his ninja headband.

"Hey, freak with no eyebrows, put this in your bingo book. The ninja that will become Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, never backs down! His name is Naruto Uzumaki!" He tied his headband back on his forehead. "Hey Sasuke, I have a plan."

'So nii-san is planning to use teamwork with Sasuke? I hope he doesn't believe that I will just sit around and watch.'

"I hear you." Sasuke replied.

"Now, let's get wild."