Chapter Eighteen.

My eyes fluttered open and I found Calvin's beautiful face over mine.

I blinked sleepily as he came into focus.

His thin face, sharp straight nose, arched full lips, those dimples, and those big hypnotic smoky eyes. I could, and would, stare at him for the rest of my life if it was possible. His brown hair was falling down into his eyes and I reached out to brush it away, but he caught my hand, putting it on his face and smiling at me with his big perfect teeth. "I have to go." He whispered in the dim light. "I was going to write you a note telling you that you were just too beautiful asleep to wake you, but you are also too beautiful to leave without a proper goodbye...especially after last night." He grinned at me, his dimples sinking deeper into his cheeks. "Thank you for that, by the way."

I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him gently, the need in me growing again already, but he pulled away too soon, laying his head on my chest and wrapping his arms around me. I held his head to me, brushing the hair away from his face and I smiled. Blissfully happy with him here like this. I wished for about the trillionth time that he wasn't a vampire, or a king. I wish we really could just be Calvin and Rachel. I imagined our life together as we held each other. We'd be forever happy, him, me, and Rose. We'd go to movies, and ice skating, and spend time together as a family. Then at night, after we'd read Rose a story and she was fast asleep, we'd make love every night and wake up every morning wrapped up in a tangle of arms and legs like right now, encased in our own little bubble, away from danger. Just us.

"I wish you didn't have to go." I sighed, my voice still heavy with sleep. It had been very late into the day before we finally fell asleep together, both of us physically spent.

"I do to." He replied. "Truthfully, I wish for nothing more than to remain in this room with you, doing exactly this, for the entire time that you're here."

"I could think of something else I'd like to be doing in here also." I said lowly and he tightened his arms around me.

"You're a little temptress, do you know that?" He chuckled. "As tempting as that is, and trust me, the idea does appeal to me, I'm already late." He told me propping himself up on his elbow to look down at my face again.

"Later then." I winked.

Calvin smiled, but he bit his lip after. "Do you think that's a very good idea?" He asked. "Trust me, I want that." He chuckled. "But with the competition starting, won't that be difficult, watching me with Lexton, and then me coming back to your room?"

I sighed, and rolled my eyes for good measure. "I told you, I don't want to talk about her." I reminded him. "As far as I am concerned, I am here on vacation, and you are mine, and I am yours. When I'm gone, I don't want to wish I had done anything differently. I want to have you for every spare second that I can."

He grabbed my face and kissed me hard. "I love you, I love you, I love you."

"I love you, too." I whispered, our lips still brushing as we spoke. "Now you better go before you're even later." I reminded him and he smiled. "Wouldn't want to keep you from your kingly duties."

"Sure you wouldn't." He quipped sarcastically.

I shrugged beneath him, biting my lip. "You're right." I grinned. "You're welcome to stay and ignore your meetings with me for as long as you want."

"Forever." He said quickly. "That's how long."

"Forever then." I said softly.

Our easy banter had turned serious, and I felt like we were promising more in this moment than either of us really knew.