4. Healing

Friday September 23rd, 1991

Eric,

I'm going to see Chel'le today cause she been on my mind nonstop. I'm worried about her and it's really fucked up that Dre did this shit again mane. I honestly thought he was gon man up and say I remember everythang that happened and I'm sorry I did this to you but his ass still using that same muthafuckin excuse.

"I wasn't even sober! Ion even remember nun that happened!'' If you gon lie at least come up wit a better fuckin excuse than that shit.

When he was in jail last year I already knew everythang he was saying was some fuckin bullshit. He fractured his own daughter's skull and his ass only got one year. Chel'le shoulda fought and made sure that nigga got at least three years, shit maybe even more cause if he woulda killed Drea his ass woulda got life.

But who could do that to they own daughter tho? And she was just a infant last year and everythang. Dre my nigga and all but I'm getting sick of his shit. What he doing is a crime and if he don't stop his ass gon be locked up again and I ain't coming to visit his ass this time either mane.

''Hey Chel'le.'' I said walking in the room.

She smiled at me. ''Hey E.''

''How you feeling today?'' I asked grabbing her hand.

''A little better but I still got some more healing to do.'' She responded.

''Well that's good you doing a lil better and Dre ain't been up here has he?''

''No he hasn't been up here in almost 4 days.'' She told me.

''Good and how yo baby girl Drea doing? Everythang been aight wit her?''

She sighed. ''Yea she's doing better than she was. She's still a little sad that I'm in the hospital but the doctors told me I should be outta here next month.''

I smiled at her. ''That's good to hear. I bet chu can't wait to get up out this muthafucka.''

''I really can't.'' She said rolling her eyes. ''So anything new with you?''

''My baby girl Erin moved in with me yesterday. That lil girl love her daddy.'' I said smiling.

''Oh she's at home? With who?'' She asked with a confused look on her face.

''Wit my girl Jay. You ain't met her have you?''

She shook her head no. ''When am I gonna be able to do that E?''

I chuckled. ''Shit maybe when you get outta here next month. Imma come by yo crib wit them or sum.''

She giggled. ''Okay that sounds like a plan to me.''

''Aight den.'' I sat down at the edge of the bed and looked at her. ''You ain't been watching tv or nun?''

''No I just been laying here thinking.''

''About what?'' I asked raising both brows.

''Just life and I been asking god why I had to meet Dre.'' She rolled her eyes.

''Shit I should be asking him the same thang cause that nigga is just shameful.'' I said shaking my head.

''Very fuckin shameful.'' She agreed shaking her head too.

''Well you ain't know he was gon turn out to be a fuckin psycho path so it ain't cho fault Chel'le.'' I assured her.

''Yea I know but I still regret giving him a chance E. It's just like why me you know? why did all of this have to happen to me?!'' She said as she started to cry.