[Bonus] Speculation

Author's POV

It's been a while since Mark and Eunseo kept in-touch with each other after May 2016. They started getting close on Eunseo's birthday that year, where he (out of all the Got7 members) was first to remember it was her birthday and surprised her with a cake.

Originally, Mark wanted something that would put her to tears, like how her members did when they went to China, but they still had an event scheduled that day

Originally, Mark wanted something that would put her to tears, like how her members did when they went to China, but they still had an event scheduled that day. He felt sorry towards the girl, saying it's a pity they couldn't celebrate together, so he send the cake to her place instead and they celebrated together on video call, now featuring the noisy Got7.

 He felt sorry towards the girl, saying it's a pity they couldn't celebrate together, so he send the cake to her place instead and they celebrated together on video call, now featuring the noisy Got7

Since then, Eunseo always though Mark was someone special, apart from being her original Got7 bias. Besides, it wasn't only on her birthday that the lad did something special for her.

During her training days, Mark would always check up on her at the end of the day. If he ever forgot to send her a message, he'd always ask her first thing the next morning. Eunseo also asked for his opinion (as a guy) on things regarding girl group debut concepts, and which stage name she should pick to debut with. "Eunseo" wasn't entirely Mark's idea, but he helped Eunseo fall in love with that stage name the most out of all the proposed names.

Mark was also one of those guys who said the "girl crush" concept was nice. He liked the Catch Me performances as a boy, but he loved Y24 as a man. But that was all a secret.

Jackson was really quick to catch up on Mark's life events, and he immediately noticed something was off about his hyung. Mark was quiet on his phone most of the time in their room and Jackson had never seen the sparkles in his eyes and a genuine smile on his face until now. It wasn't weird, but if it wasn't Jackson or Jinyoung who was putting a smile on Mark's face and he (Jackson) didn't know about, it was something interesting for Jackson.

"Hyung! Be honest! Are you dating somebody?" Jackson asked Mark while trapping the older between his arms.

"What?" was all Mark replied as he looked at Jackson's face right infront of him.

"Don't lie, I know there's somebody behind your giggling when you're alone."

"I don't have anybody though? I just find some things funny." Mark told him plainly. Jackson narrowed his eyes at him suspiciously.

Jackson was sure Mark was keeping something -- or someone -- from them but he knew he'd get the truth out someday because Mark can't act well and he'll definitely slip with his secret

Jackson was sure Mark was keeping something -- or someone -- from them but he knew he'd get the truth out someday because Mark can't act well and he'll definitely slip with his secret. Mark's denial made Jackson more curious, and that was the start of his detective days.

On the other hand, Eunseo was being a detective herself. She was also onto the same mystery as Jackson but on a different side. She speculated that her Got7 friend and her Chinese best friend might have a thing for each other. She remembered Seongsu saying Mark was handsome. When Eunseo showed him a picture of her best friend, Mark said Seongsu was pretty and right then Eunseo knew there would be a great chance for these friends to get along. As a mutual friend, she would like to help Mark if her speculations were right, but there was a side of her that didn't like that idea. She thought Mark was her special person.

Eunseo eventually gave up on her speculation because it made no sense to her at all. Mark was being kind to her and worried about her all of a sudden, and it confused her. She thought Mark was using her to get closer to Seongsu, but every time Mark hangs out with her backstage on music shows, he never talked about Seongsu. She tried to ask the boys too, and Jackson told her that Mark doesn't have an eye for Seongsu at all.

Eunseo came to her conclusions when Mark finally asked her out to a date, and asked her to be his girlfriend at the end of the day. She told Mark about her silly speculation and they laughed as Mark said it would be so cliche if that happened. Jackson however, as stated from the previous chapter, concluded his investigations at their overnight resort visit. The rest of the members were so upset with Mark keeping secrets from them that Mark had to treat them to lunch and dinner several times that week.

"Just because your girlfriend's song is Secret doesn't mean you have to keep her a secret from us, too! She's our friend, too!"

"How could you, hyung?"

"Treat us to meat! Jackson wants kogi!"

"I just treated you yesterday!"

"You treated Jackson to meat? What about me, hyung? I thought we were special!"

"Fine, Jinyoung. Kajja, I'll treat you to meat. But I'll bring Eunseo along, ara?"

"Call!"

"Aigoo, if getting a girlfriend costs this much, then..."