Chapter 13

Emily POV

"I know what you are up to," I stare at a lap post down in the distance and Harry just shrugs, "how do you mean Emily?" When I look at him, his grin tells me he knows just exactly what I mean.

"You know what I mean. You will not get your way with her again. You may have Kendall fooled but trust me when I say that you do not have anyone else playing your little game." He chuckles and nods, "anyone or just you? Because from where I see it...I am a changed man. Which I am. I know better tactics and I will get what I want." He grins and I jut my jaw out, clenching my hand into a tight fist.

I close my eyes and scoff out loud, "that is where you are wrong. Whatever tactics you have will be no match. And if I find out you laid even a single hand on Kendall or disrespect her in anyway verbally? I will personally seek to your death."

"Excuse me?" I turn around and Harry sighs almost in relief, "there you are love."

"What is going on here?" Kendall demands and I notice Alison running out after Kendall but stops when she sees me.

She tilts her head almost worriedly at me and I shake my head angrily before I turn back to Kendall's death glare. "Emily threaten him again and I will personally seek to your death. Back off of him okay? He has done nothing wrong."

I widen my eyes at her, "Kendall. Do you hear yourself? He got you pregnant but beat you so much that you had a miscarriage! He almost got you killed and not to mention that he is the reason you and Cara aren't together!" 

Kendall stares at me with her big brown eyes that start to redden and gloss up with tears. She walks closer to me and shakes her head, "he changed. Why can't you see that?"

"WHY ARE YOU TOO DAMN STUPID TO SEE THAT HE HASN'T?!"

"WELL MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE HE'S ALL I HAVE LEFT!" She screams at me with a pain I have never seen in her. Harry walks over, grabbing her hand, "relax love. Let's just get going okay?"

She searches my eyes, as if pleading for me to argue with her statement but I don't. I just watch her as he takes her away, walking in the opposite direction. "You okay?" Alison says as she slips her hand into my own.

"Yeah...you?"

"No..." I hear her mumble. I frown and look down at her, seeing the top of her head which tells me she's looking down. "What's wrong Al? What happened in there?"

She shakes her head and looks up more, just straight ahead, in the direction the pair just walked in. "Nothing worth my time."

She puts her hands in her pockets and walks away from me, leaving me confused and curious. I walk after her and besides talking and making it worse, I stay quiet.

Alison POV

On the ride home, all I can think about is Kendall. I know I should just tell her that I miss her and I love her but...it's almost as if something is holding me back. I don't know what it is.

I'm just stubborn.

I was so mad at her and I guess I was scared that she could still have feelings for Emily but now I know that is not the case because she loves Cara. I was also mad for her betraying Cara so horribly and maybe I was upset that...I wasn't the one she came to for help.

I know her and Emily are close but I can't help feeling left out with them. Yes, I am jealous. But not for the reason you'd think.

I am jealous because I want to help her too. I want to be as close with Kendall as Emily is, maybe more. I understand that Emily sees her as practically a sister but she was supposed to be my best friend, my soul-sister as we would say. She always goes to Emily with her problems and seeks comfort with her when I want it to be me too.

Clearly she loves Emily more than she loves me.

"You should talk to her, you know."

I snap my head to Emily, "what? Why?"

"Because you care."

I scoff, "no. I don't."

"Yes you do Alison. I can see right through you. Telling her what you really feel could do her some good. She trusts you. You could help her."

"No, I can't. She didn't listen just now."

"Did you tell her you love her and you care about her?"

I open my mouth but close it, frowning, then crossing my arms over my chest in frustration, "no..."

Emily's angelic laugh rings out, "had a feeling. Seriously Al, you gotta let it go sooner or later because in the end it will just leave you lonely and well...you heard Kendall. She is clearly more than lonely. She needs you."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for taking forever but I'm back!

Review and comment!

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13