G ay Best Friend.

Inspired by Noamie&Ely's no kiss list. I hate this one so much, I'm sorry for this painful story-line and writing...

***

Be back at 10pm, wait for me, xx James.

Riley laid on James's bed, next to the note he left for her. Lately, she argued with her family at every supper, for some stupid reason. Tonight she was emotionally exhausted, and she needed her best friend more than anything.

James and Riley had known each other since first grade, when Riley moved out next to James's family. They were inseparable since then. Riley remembered every big step of their friendship. She always did when she was feeling sad or depressed-which seemed to happen quite often. One memory seemed to popped on her head randomly.

Flashback.

James was 15 and Riley was 14. They were on summer break, hanging out in their favorite cafe. The teenagers were always together and they shared everything. But with puberty and the discover of their new interest in sexuality, their conversation slowly changed.

"Oh, look at this cute guy, James." whispered Riley, eyeing up a blond boy at another table. The boy turned up slightly and smiled at her best friend.

"He's really cute, more than some of the girl at school." James laughed, but the girl didn't. Lately, she noticed that he was acting different. She didn't know how, but she was convinced he acted different. she looked at him seriously.

"What's up with you ? You seem... Weird." Riley frowned when the boy smirked.

"I thought you didn't notice." James leaned across the table, whispering at his best friend. "I have a news, actually. I think I'm attracted to boys.." She widened her eyes at his words.

"W-what ?" For as long as she could remember, she always had feelings -more than just friends feeling, toward the boy. Yet she didn't tell him, she thought he wouldn't be interested. Now it was clear. "I mean, you never kissed a boy before.." she tried to correct herself.

"Well, not yet." James smirked.

Present.

And now, six years later, James was sure he was gay. And Riley was surely in love with her gay best friend. But she was a good liar, so she lied to herself. She lied to everybody. it was easier for everyone, especially for their relationship. She couldn't lose him.

The girl woke up suddenly when she heard a noise in the room, and when she moved her head, she was met by the James's beautiful hazel eyes, and his dimpled smile.

"Hi girl." He whispered gently. "I'm sorry it's so late, I lost tracks of time..." He bit his lover lips. He always did that when he wanted to tell his best friend something.

"What happened ? I was worried about you.." She laid her back on his bed, as the boy joined her a few second after removing his shoes.

"I was at the bar, and I may or may not have make out with a few guys", he admitted cockily. Riley frowned slowly. He ditched her for some strangers in a bar -again. The boy laid next to her

"Since when did you go and kiss strangers ?" she asked, while the boy gently grabbed her hand and started to play with her fingers.

"Strangers are just people you don't know yet, Ri. What's the big deal ?" He starred in her eyes.

"I had a fight with Em and my parents earlier.. I texted you a millions time..." Riley sighed, she turned on the bed, cuddling into her best friend torso. "They want me to change subject in university, but I don't even know what I want to do.." The boy extended his arms around the small girl, pulling her even closer to him.