Q ualifier.

Part 1 of the W-letter. +Posting the P letter next week, don't worry guys, I didn't forget !

***

Winning the qualifier was a relieved. After everything the team had done to get there. With the gemini's, losing the first qualifier, Noah in the hospital and all the drama with James and Alfie. Finally, Finally, it was all alright, and The Next Step will be competing at Regional. Nothing will come in their way this time. This team wasn't the best the studio had known, but they all had potential.

Riley was looking at the empty stage. Alfie and Skylar were changing so the girl had some time to herself.

He was gone.

James will fly back to London. Maybe he already was at the airport, getting away from her as much as possible. It felt weird. She wanted to see his face, and his happy smile, with his very short hair and his blue costume -like in Regional, when they won the first time. She would have done everything to be that shy girl who messed up on stage again. Then, she was happy. Even if she was insecure and nervous, she would give anything to go back there.

Riley felt a hand on her shoulder, and everything in her wanted it to be James's. She hoped he came back, realizing that he couldn't leave now. Even if she was the one destroying their relationship. She closed her eyes, imagining James standing here, with his purple shirt and black jeans, his long black hair and his perfect hazel eyes. She finally turned around and her face fell. It wasn't him.

He's gone, stop getting your hopes up... she thought, before smiling slightly at Alfie.

"What's wrong ?" She asked gently. Before answering, his hands sneaked around her waist and she flinched. But he didn't get his hand back.

"We're going. Emily got the car and we're all tired..." He said gently. And with that, they were in the road, going back to their home.

***

It's a mistake. I made a mistake.. Riley was thinking. She was sitting on one of the couch in the restroom. The date with Alfie was awful. She kept thinking about James and how she wanted to go back to their last date. She needed Alfie to be different, to be here for her and to support her through her stress. She didn't need another boyfriend at the other side of the world. She needed someone here, with her.

Riley was cut from her daydream when she heard footstep, and then she saw Alfie. She suddenly get up, facing the boy.

"I'm sorry about earlier, it's just that...." The girl started but get cut off by the boy in front of her.

"I know. James." he only said, getting closer to her. "Did someone ever read you french poetry ?" He asked, a small smile on his features. She shook her head slowly. "Quand L'amour s'en va, l'espoir fuit. L'amour c'est le crie de l'horreur. L'amour c'est l'hymne de la nuit." the dancer said, slowly. Even if the girl didn't understand a single word, she was hypnotized. James would never have read her french poetry. He could only talk english. He tried to learn spanish once, but it didn't go very well. And just like that, she kept thinking about James.

It's normal. I was in love with him. I still love him. I just need to move one, she thought. So she tried to. She did everything her new boyfriend said : when he wanted to kiss her, she did even she wasn't feeling like it. She always stay with him at Java Junction when she had work to do for the studio. She wasn't as stressed now, but because she dedicated a lot of time for her new relationship, she was going home later every night. Emily had notice those changes, but she tried to convince herself that it was better for Riley.