Chapter 11

Emily was terrified to wake Ali, she didn't want to see her upset again. Once Emily knew Mr. DiLaurentis was gone, she softly shook Ali awake.

"What? What's going on?" Alison mumbled.

"Your dad just left about twenty five minutes ago. He said he would call you later tonight." Emily answered.

Alison slowly sat up and looked out her window. Emily wanted to say something, but didn't know what to say. Emily glanced over at the clock and saw it was almost eight o'clock.

"Hey, we should get you packed and ready for school. Before we leave you can drop your things over at the Hastings place." Emily suggested.

Ali turned to Emily and answered, "Good idea, I'll change in the bathroom, so you can change to."

Alison went to her closet to get her change of clothes and walked out of the room. Emily couldn't help but worry about Alison, but she got up and walked over to her bag. When she turned around, she saw Alison standing in the doorway wearing a tan ruffled tank and black skinny jeans with a pair of tan heels to match the top.

"How's this look?" Ali asked.

Emily smiled and answered, "Looks great, I'm going to get change, wait here."

"Don't worry Em, I'm not going anywhere." Alison replied.

Emily left the room with her bag, Alison went back over to her closet to grab her bag. When she turned back around there stood Emily wearing a white t-shirt with a faded leopard open button shirt and blue jeans and black combat boots.

"Ready?" Emily asked.

Alison turned to her desk and answered, "Yea, let me just get my books."

Emily had her book bag already in her car, Alison grabbed a few things off her desk and nodded at Emily. The two girls headed down the stairs and Alison grabbed the extra key under the front door mat. Once the door was locked, they went straight to Emily's car.

"Hey Em, I'm going to run this bag to Spencer's house. Be back in a few minutes." Alison said.

"You want me to come with?" Emily asked.

Ali turned back around, smiled at Emily and answered with a small laugh, "I think I'll be fine."

Alison ran across her yard and onto the Hastings front yard. As she approached the front door, Mr. Hastings came darting around the corner.

"What are you doing?" He asked angrily.

Startled, Alison stumbled back and answered, "My father said I was staying with your family, while he's out of town."

"No, your not. I never agreed to that. Your father..." Mr. Hastings yelled.

"Yes she is." Mis. Hastings said while she came running between her husband and Alison.

"What?" Mr. Hastings demanded.

Mrs. Hastings turned to Alison and said, "Alison, you can just go place your bag on the kitchen counter. I'll bring it up to the guest room later."

Alison nodded and went into the house, but could hear Mrs. Hastings and her husband arguing.

"Why would you agree to have her stay here without telling me?" Mr. Hastings asked.

"Lets not do this right now, its just for a little while. She's been through a lot and her father said her would feel better if Alison stayed with us." Mrs.Hasting replyed.

Alison came back outside and said softly, "Thank you for letting me stay here, while my dad is out of town."

"Your welcome honey, now you better get to school. Spencer left about fifteen minutes ago. Have a good day." Mrs. Hastings replied.