Chapter 4

The basics were more tiring than I had expected, but aside from carrying six gallons of milk at once while working I hadn't really worked out in years. Once dismissed Cynthia and Joannie decided on the pool before lunch while Sam and Chris attempted to see who could still shoot a basketball.

"Going to do anything exciting before lunch?" Cameron asked me as I tried to stretch out my sore muscles.

"Nah, I'm not used to this. Going to let my body ease into this routine before trying to up it too much at once. May get some reading done." I replied.

"I'm going to do a few laps." Trinity replied, "Then I'll likely also do some studying.

"So no one's up for my pool suggestion?" Cameron sighed.

"How about our next free hour?" I smiled. The pool would probably feel great. "Or checking out that library. It's pretty awesome."

"We should do that after lunch but before class." Trinity suggested, "We've an hour and a half availble for lunch but we don't need that long. The schedule just says that when lunch is served so I don't feel we're expected to stay the whole time."

"It also says we have a thirty minute evaluation tonight." I smiled, "Wonder what that means and why they included an asterisks next to it."

"Probably could take more or less time." Cameron shrugged, "Well guess I'll get showered and some studying in."

"Great plain." I replied as I worked on finishing my stretches.

Vincent the instructor came over as the others left. "Do that before class as well and it'll be easier."

I nodded, "Thank you."

"Add in an end of the day workout. It can be short to start, but you need it to surpass the rest of the class." He commented.

"I'll be happy enough to keep up." I replied honestly, "Surpassing them would be great but we'll start with basic goals first. Eyes on the prey and all that jazz."

He chuckled, "It's refreshing to see a student who isn't overly ambitious, but don't sell yourself short. You're here to impress, not be second best."

"I'm here because they made me." I shook my head, " I know I'm better than second best."

"Look forward to seeing that." With that he left.

Ready to be done with the nonsense I felt a shower was due. Getting up I grabbed the water bottle I had brought and walked out into the hall.

"We really need to stop meeting like this." I said to James.

"Where's the fun in that?" He asked.

Shrugging I continued on. He stayed behind more interested in something else that was going on, which was fine by me.

After lunch the next two lessons went by just as fast. The library won out for our study hour and we found ourselves discussing the first evaluation.

"What is you'll be retrieved nonsense?" Cameron asked.

"I tried asking and they just respond with that same line." I sighed, "So I guess someone will just show up and whisk us away to unknown location and surprise time?"

"That's very unorganised." Trinity complained. "I wish there was more of a set room and time." Her phone vibrated and she glanced at it, "Which appears to be now time." Quickly she gathered everything she was using and neatly put it into her bag.

"Enjoy your surprise meeting. Bring the sass and the smarts." I cheered her on.

"I'll be happy if I don't choke up." She replied as she rushed off.