Chapter 4 Small feathers in my back

We landed at the gates. Waiting there was Ox sir. He sternly called over Damien. Damien groaned and whispered to me, "Go have lunch. I'll come find you shortly," he gave my arm a small squeeze and left. He walked off with a air of confidence and amusement.

I wished I could bottle that too. I didn't feel hungry so I made my way against the stream of students to the girl's dormitory.

I found my bed. The name plate said "Nameless,"

I stared at it and crawled into bed. I closed my eyes.

I dreamt I was fighting a man, telling him to get off me. I felt sharp stabs in my back and I cried out, pleading for my life.

"Please, please, stop!" I murmered. I woke up with a start. I felt pain in my back as through I was still dreaming. I reached to my back and felt sharp protrusions coming out of my back. There were large fleshy bumps on my skin. Blood leaked from where the protrusions had erupted though. I reached and pulled one out of my skin. I cried out in pain, grateful no one else was here.

I looked at the thing I had extracted from my back. It was a small white feather, which was bloodly. My hands shook. In my pain, the one person I could think of was Damien. He would know what to do.

I tried to jump out of bed, but I weakly stumbled and crashed onto the floor. I cried out and started to weep. The pain on my back felt like a weight that kept me from being able to get up. My body felt feverishly hot and I felt woozy. I crawled through the hallway from the girl's dormintory to the door of the common room. I didn't know where I was going. I was just wanted to find Damien.

The pain was too much and I stopped crawling. I let the pain take me over. I felt my skin tearing open in large strokes. My fists clenched my robes and my body wrinthed.

I felt myself suddenly being pulled somewhat upright. I looked up. It was Damien and his face looked intensively concerned.

"Damnit, turning into an angel without a guide..." He muttered. "Your wings are stuck under your skin. You need to open them," he said. He reached against my dress and ripped it open in the back.

"How did you find me?" I asked weakly.

"I was going to my room and thought I got lucky to find a half naked girl lying on the floor," he tried to joke. He wasn't laughing but I laughed weakly. In my delicirous state, that somehow seemed funny. Could you imagine considering a naked girl something lucky?

His nails grew sharply and he pressed them against my back's skin and made opening in the large lumps.

The pressure in my back subsided as I felt my straining wings burst out of my back. I shook weakly. Blood burst onto the walls but disappeared like water evaporating in the summer heat.

I felt him lift me up as though I weigh nothing. He carried me and I felt myself set down on a bed. The pain was staring to ebb down and I lost myself into sleep.