Nightmare Come to Life

So, here we are ... starting a new story. I'm dreaming that it's summer time and the favorite thing about summer time, besides the longer days and warmer weather is the return of my favorite show, So You Think You Can Dance? I love it ... the beauty, artistry and athleticism is amazing. Plus, the music they play? Damn ... makes me happy.

Hopefully, we'll resolve the cliffie ...

Chapter Twenty-Three: Nightmares Come To Life

BPOV

I'm sitting in the back seat of the Uber. The driver is listening to weird EMO music. It's making my ears bleed, but I was too focused on pictures that were sent to me from the party. I giggled at Jacob and Jasper doing a fabulous, half-naked rendition of 'I'm a Little Teapot' and Felix and Maggie doing some sort of hip hop dance battle. A loud curse forces me to look up and I see a car heading directly for us. "Oh shit!" I scream and pain envelopes me. The loud crunch of smashing metal and smell of gasoline is the last thing I remember before my eyes flutter shut and I succumb to the agony all around me.

Edward ... please ... I love you ...

EPOV

"Sir, you have to calm down," said one cop.

"Calm down? My fiancée may be the one under the sheet! I will not calm down," I snapped. The cop's face hardened and he slapped a set of cuffs around my wrists. "What?! You're arresting me?!"

"Only until you calm the fuck down," he sneered.

"Jay, you're such an asshole," a female cop growled. She released me. "The guy under the sheet is the driver of the Uber. We pulled out a female, mid-twenties out of the backseat. She's in rough shape."

"Have they left?" I asked. "The ambulance?"

"Just left. I'll take you to the hospital. If she has family, you may want to call them," the cop said kindly.

"Thank you," I whispered. She tugged on my arm, smacking Jay's head before leading me to a squad car. I got into the back, dialing Alistair and explaining to him what had happened. I also called Rose, but she already knew and was on her way to the hospital. Rose was Bella's emergency contact. We arrived at the hospital and I called my parents. My mom said she'd be on the next flight out and Dad would make it over the weekend. I was barely keeping it together.

She's in rough shape ...

What the hell does that mean?! Is she at death's door? Did she lose a limb? What?

In the hospital, the cop, Amy, explained that I was the fiancée of the female car accident victim. I was led into a quiet room. I explained that there were more people on the way. The nurse nodded and said that the doctor would be in shortly. Alistair and Carmen arrived next with Rose and Emmett. Carmen sat next to me, hugging the shit out of me but I was numb. I needed to know what was going on.

She's in rough shape ...

A doctor walked in almost an hour after everyone arrived. He was older with a buzz cut and sharp blue eyes. "You're family for Isabella Swan?" he asked.

"I'm her best friend and Edward is her fiancée," Rose said. "We both are approved to make medical decisions for her." Rose took out a piece of paper, handing it to him.

"Thank you," he nodded, sliding it back to her. "I'm Dr. Hamilton and I was the attending physician that worked on Ms. Swan. The car accident was bad and caused significant damage. Her legs were caught under the front seats. Her left leg, which was already weakened from the previous torn ACL is in bad shape. She's got six breaks in that leg, with two more on the right leg. On top of that, she's got crush injuries along her pelvis and lower abdomen."