Gravity

So, here we are ... starting a new story. I'm dreaming that it's summer time and the favorite thing about summer time, besides the longer days and warmer weather is the return of my favorite show, So You Think You Can Dance? I love it ... the beauty, artistry and athleticism is amazing. Plus, the music they play? Damn ... makes me happy.

Up next will be the continuation of this chapter and the first performance and elimination with the All-Stars. Plus, there will be some citrusy action (FINALLY) between our two love birds. Can you say Dirty Dancing, lake scene? But juicier.

Chapter Fifteen: Gravity

JasperPOV

Our food came and Alice dug into her nearly $70 plate. It was overflowing with Thai delicacies. My little sampler platter was not worth the price of admission, but I tucked into it Our conversation came to an abrupt halt as we ate. Halfway through dinner, Alice slid out of the booth. "I'll be back. Little girl's room."

I nodded, popping part of my egg roll into my mouth. A few moments after she left, the screen lit up. I looked at it and saw a text from 'Renee.' I flipped it around, reading the text as it asked about details about Bella and how to eliminate her from the competition. Another text came through, saying that Bella was a worthless, evil bitch who should have never been born.

This was Bella's mom?

The last text was another diatribe about how much Renee hated her daughter and that Alice needed to finish her job, ending Bella's dancing career. I heard Alice's laughter and I turned the phone around, putting it back to her wine glass. She slid back into the booth, smiling widely. "Our waiter is going to bring us a dessert to share. It's a special and it sounded delicious."

"Great," I said, plastering on a fake smile. I finished my meal and Alice barely touched hers. She didn't even ask for a doggie bag. The dessert was brought over and we shared it. It wasn't very good, but Alice seemed to enjoy it.

"Do you want an after-dinner drink?" Alice asked.

"I'm full," I said, rubbing my stomach. "Plus, we have to be at the studio early tomorrow to have rehearsals with our partners. I'm going to ask for the check." Alice pouted, but I ignored it, waving down our server. He handed me the check and I gulped when I saw the total. Taking out my debit card ... I didn't have enough. Pulling out my credit card, I placed in the folder and handed it back to him. Alice was texting on her phone, an evil grin on her face. As I signed for the dinner, Alice slid out of the booth. "Thank you," I told the waiter.

"You're quite welcome," he smiled.

I took Alice's hand and led her out of the restaurant. Alice prattled on about the competition and how she was going to use the money that she would win. I just spaced out, nodding and humming appropriately. We arrived back at the house, hearing the sounds of the pool party still going on. "Ugh, I was hoping that they'd be gone," Alice grumbled. "They know that we're going to be dancing all day tomorrow. What the hell?"

"It's nice to just kick back and have fun. Plus, there are some of the All-Stars that we don't know," I said. "If you don't want to go, then stay in your room. I want to meet them."

"On one condition," Alice said, placing her arms on my shoulders.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Kiss me," she purred.

Are you fucking kidding me? You were horrible on this date. You want a kiss? I put my hands on her hips, pulling her closer. Dipping my head, I kissed her tenderly, but I could taste that awful wine on her lips. Alice didn't want tender. She gripped my hair, deepening our kiss and plunging her tongue into my mouth. It took all of my power not to gag. We kissed for a few moments, but I pulled back when I had to breathe. She smiled, pecking me twice. "I had fun, Jazzy. We should do this again. Soon."