Chapter 16

Neither side is sacred

No one wants to win

Feeling so sedated

Think I'll just give in

Time started to go by painfully slowly for Alex, she hadn't spoken to Fahri at all, and Piper had to go back to the hospital for the start of her regular scans. Everything still looked fine, but she would need to see the doctor each week until she had the baby.

Alex spent all her spare time with Piper, she wanted to show the blonde that she was with her all the way, and the reality was that Alex didn't want to be away from Piper anyway. After everything that had happened, she'd found a new appreciation for the smallest parts of their relationship, the quiet moments they had together. But Alex was craving intimacy with her girlfriend, she missed those moments the most. It wasn't even just about the act of sex. It was the moments after sex where Alex would wrap her arms around Piper and she'd feel so close to her that it almost hurt. No matter how much time passed, the intensity of those moments never wavered, and Alex could never get enough of that feeling. They hadn't had sex since before the night Piper was raped, and Alex was afraid to broach the topic. She didn't want Piper to feel like she had to have sex, and didn't want to make the blonde feel uncomfortable in general. Piper had been through such an emotional rollercoaster, Alex wanted to give her complete control over the situation. It was something they had discussed briefly, and Alex wanted to make it very clear that she would never make Piper do something she was uncomfortable with. She told Piper it didn't matter how long it took, she'd wait until Piper was ready to be intimate again.

Alex was also determined to make their lives as normal as possible. She didn't want to talk to Piper about the cartel, or about Jack and whether or not he'd ever be able to stand trial. No, she wanted to give them a normal life. A life where they were just two people trying to live their lives.

It was a weeknight and the two women lay next to each other in bed, Alex was determined to make Piper take it easy, no matter how bored she got at times. It was a warm night, and Alex lay on top of the blankets in a black tank top reading a book, while Piper lay next to her. Alex was drawn out of the world of her book when she felt Piper graze her fingers over her thighs and then up over her stomach, eventually intertwining their fingers.

"Thank you for being patient."

Alex squeezed the blonde's hand, "Don't be silly Pipes, none of that matters. All I care about is making sure you're okay."

Piper kept her gaze on Alex, who was completely transfixed on those blue eyes. Alex watched as Piper emerged from under the covers in her black underwear and the white t-shirt she liked to sleep in. Alex stayed still as Piper got on top of her, placing her legs on either side of Alex's, straddling her body. Alex watched as Piper sat on top of her, running her hands up and down Alex's torso. Alex put her hands on Piper's hips to help steady her.

"There's no rush Pipes, I'll be here whenever you're ready."

Piper didn't respond and kept running her hands up and down Alex's body, trying to imprint the feeling of the soft skin under her finger tips into her memory. She leaned down and touched her cheek to Alex's, slowly moving her face until their lips were grazing. Alex kept her focus on the blonde's gaze, silently letting her know that she was in complete control. Piper finally spoke in barely a whisper, still with her lips grazing Alex's.

"Why do I always feel so drawn to you? All I want to do is feel you, it makes me feel safe, like I can forget about all the shitty things, and just focus on this."

Alex smiled and closed the distance between their lips, kissing Piper softly. This wasn't about sex, it was about reconnecting and letting Piper take the lead. After a few moments of soft kisses, Piper lowered her head until her cheek was resting against Alex's chest, and she let herself melt into the woman underneath her. Alex wrapped her arms around the blonde, feeling her long deep breaths against her own body. It made Alex feel good, she could tell Piper was feeling relaxed, and she'd do anything to make sure that feeling lasted. Alex ran her hands up and down Piper's back, eliciting a hum from the blonde as she enjoyed the contact and closed her eyes. Piper managed a few more words before she let herself drift off to sleep against her girlfriends chest, "This, right here, I'm pretty sure this is what love feels like."