chapter 3

// Harry //

I'm pretty sure I would be described as insane and thrown in mental institution because of how i decided to find her, but I proceeded in doing so, because in my defense I had to find this girl and get some answers.

I know I had promised Sidney yesterday that I would take her out to lunch but I'm sure she'll find someone else to pay for her. I rather help out in the office during my lunch hour than hear about how Britney back stabbed Kelly by sleeping with her boyfriend and how Kourtney knew about it but didn't tell Kelly because she actually hates Kelly for stealing her boyfriend and just so much shit that I don't even understand. 

After about ten minutes of being in the office the women there clarify that they are all starving and that they can trust me enough to leave me alone in there while they all went out to lunch.

And as soon as they leave I am going through the student files, looking for Marina's. Asking for her last name would have been a useful thing to do.

Seven minutes before the bell rang I find her file. Turns out she's the only Marina at the school. 

Marina Elena Lancaster.

Has a nice ring to it.

I write down her address onto a post it note and return her file back to it's place.

Just then the bell rings and the office ladies return. As I walk out I wish all the women wonderful days.

I rush to my locker to get some books before my next class.

I return cheerful hi's and hello's to everyone who greets me as I make my way down the hall.

When i reach my locker, I twist the combination code in and tug it open. I pull out the books I need and stick the post it note on the inside of the door before slamming it shut.
I've never skipped school before and I am not about to ruin that record now, so I decide on seeing Marina after swim practice if I don't see her around school.

-
The day was long but bearable.

I almost failed a pop quiz in my mathematics class, just barely passing. And during a science project I set my folder on fire. My cooking class was probably the only class I actually participated well in today. I couldn't stop thinking about Marina. I can't understand why. She is just another girl. But in the same sense, she wasn't just any girl. I'm not attracted to her. I'll admit she has breathtaking features but still just another girl.

And sadly I haven't see Marina around school so I was left with the option of going to her house.

i really hope this goes well.

-

All i can think about is; Marina lives in a rather preppy neighbourhood. The impression Marina gave off made made believe she would live in a apartment in the sketchy area of Rowan. The houses of this neighborhood for the most part are all Victorian style. Marina's house is big but not one of the biggest houses on the block.

I park infront of the house on the curb.

The front yard has perfectly clipped healthy grass, with a flower bed along side the pathway from the door to the drive way.

The house itself is painted faint blue. All the window sills are painted white as well as the pillars supporting the little roof above the entrance to the door and the opening to the path way.

Only one car is in the drive way. I really hope it is Marina's but at the same time I hope she isn't here. 

A nauseous feeling spreads through the pit of my stomach as I turn off my car and step out. I try my best in ignoring it as I quickly make my way to the front door and knock on it.