chapter 5

// Marina //

After telling Harry I would think about whether I would join the team or not, I watched the moron leave before I went up to my room. It was 5:45 and right before I was about to get ready for the party my phone rings. I pick up and answer before the caller can greet me.

"Hey this is Marina, sorry I couldn't get to my phone at the moment, might be busy, or maybe I just don't want to talk to you, either way leave your message after the beep."

"Ha-ha, very funny babe." I hear the heavenly voice of my boyfriend say.

"This is a voice message, not Marina."

"Yah okay, back to the reason I called, I forgot to mention that the party is a pool party. And you have to be wearing the right attire."

I look up at the ceiling and mouth a why expecting an answer to appear from the ceiling but nothing comes. What good does a ceiling have if it doesn't give answers?

"But it's dark."

"Lights."

"I don't have a swim suit."

"You have literally hundreds."

"And how would you know?"

"You make me take you every time you go shopping for new swim suits."

"Well their all in the laundry."

"Every single one?" 

"Yah." 

"Come on babe."

"Okay fine." 

"Can't wait to see you. I'll leave you to get ready, see ya in a few."

"kk."

And then the line went dead. Probably because I killed it. 

oh my god i'm glad people can't read minds. 

I really wish I would have told Zayn that I couldn't go, not that I mind going to the pool party, I mean I love swimming. But drunk high school guys aren't my favorite company, especially when i'm in a swimsuit. I would much rather spend my Friday night staying up and watch Doctor Who or The Office with Niall and see why there was so much hype about the shows.

-

After taking a nap until six twenty I finally decide I should get ready.

I dress into one of my favorite swim suits.

A black bikini dotted with white skulls. I put on shorts and t-shirt to cover up.

I manage putting my hair in a high pony tail, even though it took the longest time.

Having long thick hair does not only have perks. No matter what those commercials try to advertise. 

After getting dress I have time to spare. Not needing to adjust my make up because I always use water proof products.

I mindlessly scroll through my instagram. Looking at all the pictures my fellow classmates posted. Selfies that are either taken in bad lighting or edited with the most crappiest of effects with captions from songs or stupid emoji's, or pictures of places they recently visited, or just pictures they stolen from tumblr.

Just then I hear honking come from my boyfriend's car. I jump off my bed, shoving my phone in my back pocket. I dash out my room and when I reach the beginning of the staircase I realize I have no shoes on. I run back to my room and tug on some vans that are near the door before running back out of my room and down the stairs. I stop right in front of the door to grab a hoodie.