chapter 4

// Harry //

After Marina tells her maid, Ruth, of her whereabouts she is out the door. But the great Marina didn't miss the chance of slamming the front door in my face, hitting my nose. I throw open the door but close it softly to not disturb anyone. I storm out the door turning the corner but before i can say anything Marina is opening the garage door. And that's when i see her car.

 It's a 2013 Dodge Dart.  I can't take my eyes off the car, i even feel my jaw fall open a bit. This car, this car is one of the best cars i've ever laid my eyes on. Marina notices my admiring eyes. But how could i not stare. How could she even afford anything like this?

"Rich grandparents." She answers as if she can read my mind. She walks into the garage and opens the door to her car and does a little jump into the seat. She pulls out and the car is exactly in front of me. I stare at every detail, every inch. This car is perfect. The sound of her window lowering fills my ears.

"So...bye." She tries to dismiss me but I continue to take in the beauty that is in front of me. I've always wanted one of these cars, it's even in the shade of black that i love.

"Ugh, you have 10 seconds to leave." And her window goes up making Marina disappear.

"Yeah, yeah okay." I try to hide the excitement clear on my voice while i stare at the car. 

When she has pulled out of her driveway and i'm awaken from the trance. I run to jump into my car before she gets too far. 

I'm not sure where we are going, I'm not too familiar with this part of the city. I continue to follow her until she pulls up to a corner store.

I follow behind her as she enters the establishment.

"Hey Burt." She slams her hand against the front desk to wake up the man I assume is Burt.

"Huh, oh hey Rina." The middle old age man stands up abruptly to act like he has been doing work.

I follow behind Marina as she walked through the store stopping at the beauty section.

"So my question?"

"What about it?"  She doesn't even turn to look at me. 

"Answer it."

"No."

"How did you know i was gay?"

"You're gay?" My patience starts to decrease. 

"You already knew that... but how?" 

"So I assume you asked...Zayn, to find out my name." She changes the subject almost instiantly.

"No why would you-"

"Save it. I already know you did."

"How would you know-"

"It's not that hard to find things out."

"What do you-"

"Okay any other questions you want me to answer?" I want to ask something else but i know she'll just dodge it. 

-

-

// Marina //

I make my way back to the front with the idiot trailing behind. I can almost feel him breathing on the back of my neck I don't even try to turn around, worried I'll bump into him. I throw a ten dollar bill on the counter and tell Burt to keep the change so i can get out of here. And soon we are walking out the store and we're back into my car.

"I'm gonna go to a coffee shop, so you can leave now." 

"Are you going to Starbucks?" He's trying to mock me, as if it's the most obvious thing for girls to go to Starbucks. I cringe, shitty coffee for an arm and a leg. He actually had the audacity to ask me that.

"No, asshole. Just in case you weren't aware, girls don't just go to Starbucks."

He trys to say something but i get into my car before he can say anything. 

-

He continues to follow me to the coffee shop. He's pretty annoying but i respect his dedication.

He even follow me into the coffee shop. Before ordering my usual I ask Harry if he wants anything and of course he took his sweet time scanning the menu.

I take out my phone to past the time and when I click it to life I am welcomed with 3 new text messages and 4 missed calls. After unlocking it I click on the messages first.

From: Niall

Did I leave my red sweater at your house ?

Cant seem t find it anywhere !

From: Zayn

Aye babe the team is throwing a party tonight at Louis's, coming with?

From: Kate

New boyfriend? (;

I roll my eyes at the message from my sister, she's worse than my mother. Assuming every guy I was around was my fuck buddy. It took the longest time to convince her that Niall was just my friend. I ignore Kate and Zayn's messages, I'd just call Zayn later.

To: Niall

I'm not at my house at the moment, went out to do some errands but as soon as I get home i'll check

"Have you decided yet or not." I'm playing some game on my phone that i don't even know what the objective is.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'll have their berry fruity smoothie." I mumble what is meant to sound like an okay.

"What can I get for ya, m'am?"

"A chocolate chip frappe, would be nice. And a berry fruity smoothie for the 6 foot great thinker."

"Sure thing." He replies with a chuckle. I turn my attention back to my phone.

"You're really something else." Harry says in a hushed whisper.

"Well thank you my great sir." I do a sorta bow before returning my attention to my phone.

-

I go to sit at a table and Harry invites himself to sit with me.

"So Marina.."

"Not now." I dial to call Zayn. He picks up on the second ring.

"Hey babe."

"Hey, so that party?"

"Comin with?"

"Sure."

"I'll pick you up around seven?"

"Sounds like a plan. See you then."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you too, sweet cheeks." I hear him chuckle and then I end the call.

"Marina?"

"Yeah, yeah what do you want me to answer now?"

"How come I didn't see you around school?"

"I went in late because I was busy."

"Busy?"

"Congratulations on being able to repeat the last word I said."

"How does Zayn put up with you.."

I uncross my legs and step on his foot as hard as i can.

"Anymore questions?" 

"Yeah." Are you kidding me I just-

"How would you feel about joining the swim team?"

_

_

\\ Author's Note \\

Hopefully this was longer? I'm sorry if it wasnt, but the next chapter will be. Maybe.

Don't forget to comment and vote or not ur choice.