Those Eyes... (Chapter 6)

It was still pretty wet looking outside, but it there was no rain, so thats a good thing. I looked down at my dress. It was wrinkley from the rain soaking me yesterday. It was still pretty chilly outside so I kept shivering, until finally Logan got tired of it and handed me his jacket. "There", he said,"is that better?" He asked. "Much." I said clearly. His jacket was very warm. I glanced at Logan who had a white V-neck on. He must be freezing, but he seemed fine. He looked comfartable actually. "Where's your wings?" I blurted out before I could stop myself. Logan stopped and looked at me. I mean he truly looked at me. "My what?" He asked. I actually felt like going back in time and not asking that stupid question. But it's too late now, right? So I might as well get the information I needed. "You know, your wings. I mean you and Rodger told me yesteraday that you guys were angels, so doesn't angels have wings or are you guys a different, "species" of angels?" I said with a hint of sarcasm. I can't let him have all the fun.  He laughed and continued walking. "Ummm...I can't tell you the answers when Rodger isn't around, sorry, but I don't have all the information that he has and I'm not the best talker, so I might startle you." He says, not really looking at me. Dude, I'm way past being startled. "So, you can't tell me if you have wings or not." I said in confirmation. "Great. Just great." I said, sighing.

Gosh, I wish he told me this before we went on this stupid walk. Thanks Logan. Thanks a lot. "You know, you could research this stuff on the internet instead of just asking me and Rodger about it. I mean it's not that hard, all you have to do-" I cut him off. "I know what to do." I snapped. Logan held up his hands as if in surrender. "I know, but don't believe everything you see on the internet. Some of that stuff is crap. Trust me...." He said, as if he was having a flashback like in the cartoons when the cloud pops up and everybody in that particular scene looks at the cloud. "You know instead of making me go through that load of crappy internet, why don't you just tell me whats true or not." I said, hoping I had a puppy dog face. Logan opened his mouth and then closed it and started walking faster. Damn it, I thought I had him that time.

After a few minutes, Logan finally talked. "Tessa, do you know what your name means?" Logan asked so unexpectedly, I almost didn't think he said anything at all until he looked at me and stopped walking. Gosh this walk is starting to become longer and longer. "No..." I said slowly because I didn't know what else to say. "It means, harvester of summer." He said, as if distracted in his own thoughts. I was so confused and yet so amazed that I was speechless for once. After a few minutes, I asked,"Really? It really means that? How do you know?" I asked. He is so smart, yet so dumb. It kind of frightens me when I find out something new about him. Before I kknow it, he smiles, like really smile, like teeth and everything, but then it went away as fast as it came. "The reason why I know is because I googled it." He said finally. I don't know why, but I didn't fully believe him. I mean why the hell would he google me and before I could stop myself I blurted out, again. "Why the hell would you google me?" I asked curious. He chuckled. "I don't know.....you kind of interest me." He said flirtatiously. Which annoyed me. Who the hell does he think he is? He can't just try to use that flirtatious tone with me and expect me to come crawling to his service. Hell no! I flipped him off and turned away. Logan grabbed my arm and turned me around. "Get your hands off of me!" I yelled. I didn't want him touching me, talking to me, or even looking at me at this point. "Tessa, I didn't mean it like that." He said calmly, which I hated because it made me seem like I was the crazy one. "You don't know me Logan. You don't know where I came from and what happened to me." I yelled, I didn't know I was crying until I felt tears stream down my face. Logan went pale and had concern written on his face. "Tessa I-I didn't mean it like.......I-I'm sorry." Logan said with geunine concern and symapathetic eyes. I wiped the tears off my face and turned away, trying to avoid contact with Logan. I was just too embarrassed....

When me and Logan came back home, It was a hour later and the house smelled like Daniel's famous french toasts. It's better than any other french toasts you've ever had, trust me. I still advoided eye contact with Logan because I was still train wrecked by what happened. "Goodmorning, where you guys ran off to today.?" Daniel asked us when we came in. I couldn't even look at him either. I just ignored him and ran in the bathroom and closed and lock the door. I remember when I spent a night at Daniel's house before and I left my 'Too Young' shirt there and my green sweats and Daniel's mom put it under the bathroom sink. I forgot all about it. I took it out and set it on the toliet seat. I got undressed and turned on the shower. I usually won't take a shower when there is company now, but I'm in tired need to get one. I got in and let the hot water drizzle down my back and head. I put my head right under the shower nozzle and let the water go on my hair. My back was aching again. Worse then yesterday. I don't know if pimples are suppose to hurt this bad, but gosh it hurt. I grabbed the dove soap and my face towel and gentelly scrubbed my skin. Ahhhhh that feels good....