She's Mysterious (Chapter 9)

"Mya!"Kelsie yelled. A short girl with curly auburn hair came out a minute later. She was really pretty. She had a heart shaped face, that was to die for. She actually looked kinda....shy. Which is really weird, considering that she is super pretty.

"Yes....mom." She said looking down.

"This is the new girl, Tessa. You know ,the one that I was telling you about. I need you to show her around and just make her feel welcomed and at home. Can you do that for me?" She paused and Mya opened her mouth to answer but her mom cut her off. "Sure you can! I knew you could this for me!" Kelsie said with a big smile.

Well that's a good way to meet Mya. Mya turned red and then looked down. I looked at her for a minute, trying to put together why Mya is so shy. She have a perfect face and she seems really pretty and nice, so I really don't see the problem. She's shy...A random voice in my head said. But I don't get why. Mya whispered something to her mother and then Kelsie handed me a paper.

"This is your schedule. On Saturdays, you get to do whatever you want. Here at Batch Bolder, we call it activity day. The only rule is you cannot get off campus, unless you notify a teacher or you have a pink slip, okay?" She said too cheery that I was getting annoyed with her.

Before I could stop myself, I blurted out,"But why?" 

Kelsie gave me a annoyed look and then covered it with her cheery voice. "The reason why we have that rule is because we want you kids to be safe and not get into anything  illegal. On the last part, she said it with a scoff and then smiled at my uncle and back at me. Wow she is kinda bitchy....

"Um...so do I show her around right now?" Mya asked urgently, like she seriously couldn't wait to get the hell out of here.

"Yes, Mya. It's so she knows where to go tomorrow and so she don't get lost. I mean this is a huge school, so I know she would get lost at least once, right?" She said looking at Mya sternly. Mya turned red instantly and tried to hide it when she walked past me and whispered a, "C'mon." It took me a minute to process what she was saying and when I did, she was already ahead of me. I had to run and catch up with her. I waved a short goodbye to my Uncle Charlie as I ran.The goodbye for him wasn't as sensitive as it was with my mom and Daniel. I still feel that pain on my heart, but I straightened my face and fell into step with Mya.

Mya took me to the library, the computer room, and the activity room, when my feet started getting tired and I started protesting.

"Can we please finish this tomorrow?" I asked, desperate to get in my dorm. which would be pretty hard considering that she never took me there. Mya didn't say anything for a short minute.

"Your really not use to walking, are you?"She asked, with a snicker. I tried not to get offended by that especially since she barely said a word. I smiled.

"Is it that noticeable?" I said with a funny expression. She laughed. I think I'm making a friend.

"So....how long have you been at this school?" I asked.

"Not long." She said as if to close the conversation.  Whatever that means. We walked a little longer. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Can we please just go to the dorm and finish up this little tour tomorrow, because seriously I just want to go take a shower and go to bed." I snapped. I didn't mean to, but I instantly felt bad for snapping on her. I am just so tired. I am so annoyed with this whole thing. Me leaving my mom and Daniel took a lot of energy out of me.

Mya didn't seem phased at my weird shouting-out anger. That kind of made me a little more angry. I mean why ignore me. Mya chuckled. What the hell is wrong this chick? No wonder she don't have guys drooling over her. She is a idiot.