fifteen

"You act like you don't care,
but could it be true?
If you did, you'd make an effort,
so things would be fine between me and you."

————————

The next day felt like a new better day. Mom was no longer mad at me. We're good. Taehyung and I were doing great. We're happy. My dorky friends were less annoying than usual. I wonder what are they up to? I talked to them just a week ago, and they still have no idea about the dating thing between Taehyung and I. I didn't know how I would say it to them, but I will. Soon.

When I finally reached the classroom, I saw Taehyung standing by the window as he was having a conversation over the phone. The corners of his mouth turned up, showing off his bright smile. A smile that so bright it could light up any darkness. His smiled could even cure cancer if possible, and it was the first time to see him smile like that. I mean, he smiled to me almost throughout the day, but it felt different staring at his smile now. It was just different.

Once I walked towards my seat, he glanced at me, raising his eyebrows once as if telling me 'hey, you're here'. I flashed a not-even-half smile as I sat on my seat. I didn't get near him, but seeing that bright smile on his face, only a name popped in my head—Solji. He was obviously talking to her.

"Okay, bye. See you guys on Friday." I heard Taehyung after he ended the call. I pretended to be busy with my phone when I heard his footsteps toward my direction. When I heard him pulled his seat and sat already, I felt a warm air against my nape that made me jolt in my seat (I had my hair in a side braid, so my nape was little bit exposed). I turned to Taehyung, and saw him blew his breath against my nape. Then he looked at me with his chin on his palm and his elbow against his desk as if he was looking at me dreamily. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Now, you braid your hair." He said, "Like, are you seducing me right now?" He smirked playfully at me, and I suddenly felt attacked by now.

"Taehyung!" I hit him on his shoulder, and he hissed in pain. Shit, is he still injured? "God, did I hurt you again?"

"Just kidding. My shoulder got better, but I still needed that shoulder support though." He admitted, still looking at me.

"Okay, that's good." I told him. It took me a few seconds before I spoke again, "Anyway, was Solji the person you talked to over the phone?"

Without doubt, he answered, "Yeah, she wanted us to come over this Friday again. You need to come."

"But my mom won't like that."

"Just tell her it's another party." He said, "Or maybe I can tell her. You have to go, Areum. They want to see you again."

"Do you always have parties every Friday?" I asked, still thinking about going or not.

"Yeah, I mean it's Jin's place, and it's always free for us, so why not party 'till we drop?" He smiled, closing his eyes as it turned into crescents.

I laughed at how cute Taehyung was. "Then, okay. I'll come. . ." I paused then pinched his cheeks playfully, "since you're so cute I just can't resist you!"