twenty-seven

"I scream out of frustration, but the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will be different from today
I'm just wishing"

————————

The next morning, I woke up when I no longer felt Taehyung's presence next to me in bed. I extended my hand to reach for the other side of the bed as I continuously tapped it, and felt that he was gone. My body immediately jerked up as I looked around for him in the room. Where is he? Did he leave me again?

I just sighed to myself when I saw the window open again. He left. I laid my back on the headboard of my bed as I reached for my phone on the nightstand to check the time. It was 6:19 AM.

But then, a late notification of two unread messages was seen on the screen of my phone, so I opened the unread message.

I smiled to see where it came from. It was from him.

Taetae 😍
Good morning, beautiful.
Received: 5:38 AM

Taetae 😍
I left already and I just wanna
tell you that even your little snores
are as cute as you lol
Ill pick you up at 7:30 see you later
Received: 5:40 AM

I felt my cheeks burning up as I giggled to myself. Only Taehyung can possibly do small things, and it will make me the happiest girl ever existed.

I immediately got up from bed after reading the text messages, and went downstairs to get my towel then walked towards the bathroom. I finished showering and brushing my teeth after twenty minutes (probably the fastest bath in my life), then hurriedly went upstairs to my room to get change into my school uniform.

Once I was done changing, I sat on a stool by my dresser table. I looked at my reflection, smiling to myself as I rubbed my hair using my towel to help it dry faster then blowed dry it after. When it was all dry, I curled it using my curling iron to create a natural dark wavy hair. I even put on a moisturizer on to my face, lightly pressing my palms against my cheeks and dabbed a light pink lipstick in my lips.

When I was done beautifying myself, I got downstairs to the kitchen to meet mom. As usual, I saw her reading a news article in her tablet as she sat by the kitchen counter with a cup of black coffee on it. Her eyes lit up once she felt my presence in the kitchen.

"You look ravishing, baby." She smiled at me sweetly, so I thanked her. "Are you going on date with Taehyung?" She asked, putting down her tablet on the kitchen counter.

I walked towards her and sat across her. "Yeah, maybe after class?" Right. She didn't know I broke up with Taehyung, and now we just got back together.

"For a second there, I thought you two broke up." She said. "I mean, you didn't go to school and you locked yourself inside your room. I was really worried. I used to be like that when your father broke up with me during our college days—" She stopped when she saw me listening intently. "But I'm not gonna tell you that."

I purred my lips, and whined. "But whyyyy? I like listening to your old love stories with dad."

"But I don't want to remember it anymore," She said, smilingly. I was about to say something in return when I heard a car beeped outside the house. "Hey, you should go. That could be Taehyung ."

"But he doesn't have a car,"

"Just go, baby."

I just nodded my head, and kissed her cheek goodbye before I left the house. Standing in the veranda, I tiptoed to see a black car parked outside the gates. In doubt, I carefully took my steps towards the gate until I reached outside. When I stood by the gate and in front of the passenger's side of the car, I crouched at the tinted glass window and someone rolled it down. I saw Taehyung smiling at me in the driver's seat.