Chapter 3

"Watch where your going!" Xavier yells and grabs my arm, pulling me to the side. Saving me from crashing into yet another stranger. "Do you not know how to walk?" He growls angrily, Not letting go of the tight grip he has on my arm, probably in case I run into someone again.

"It's not my fault there are more people on this f*cking side walk than there are in my entire town!" I yell back at him.

"News flash Hale, this is your town now." He rolls his eye's at me.

"Not for much longer if everywhere I go is like this." I mumble under my breath, quiet enough he that wont hear me.

"What was that?" He asks, slightly loosening his grip.

"I said, how much longer till we're there?" I lie, not wanting him to know what it is I actually said.

We are currently walking the streets of New York as Xavier leads me to a mobile shop he knows of. I'm guessing It's taking a little longer than usual due to the fact I keep accidentally knocking into stranger's and getting separated from Xavier, since the streets are so crowded.

"Only a few more blocks." He answers my question. We've been arguing the whole way here and I just want to get the stupid phone already.

Just as I'm about to reply, someone knocks into me from behind. Xavier's grip slips from my arms as I stubble and hit the unfortunate person on the other side of me.

"Watch it!" I man with brown hair and a tailored suit snaps, pushing me backwards with full force, causing me to fall right into Xavier. He wraps his arms securely around me to make sure I don't fall, and I ignore the feeling being in his embrace gives me.

"I'd watch who you mess with." Xavier Growls fiercely at the man, who is a few inches shorter and a lot small than Xavier. He backs up and gulps in fear before turning down a different street to get away from Xavier and I. Well mostly Xavier.

"I could've handled that." I roll my eyes at him. Still quiet dumbfounded on what exactly just happened. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before.

"A simple 'thank you' would suffice." He scowls at me, finally unwrapping his arms.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I say as I start to cross the road." I've been doing it fo-"

I get cut of by Xavier yanking me back by the waist, right before I car speeds over where I was just standing. That car just ran a red light and almost killed me!

"Be careful!" Xavier yells, looking clearly distraught by my near death experience.

"I'm okay, thank you." I breath out sarcastically but shakily, still shocked that actually happened.

"Your not okay, if it wasn't for me you would be dead." He growls harshly. He checks the road before dragging me across the street by the arm.

"My night in shining amour." I state, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"And didn't you claim to be smart? What kind of person doesn't look both ways before crossing a road? And doesn't have a phone? And comes to New York without making arrangements for a place to stay?" He asks exaggeratedly. Then something clicked, I never mentioned to him that I didn't have a place to stay.