Dear Bobby - A Letter One Shot

Dear Bobby,

Five years. It's been five years since that day and I still have nightmares. It's all always the same dream, over and over. We're running through the woods, trying to get away from... something. Then, all of the sudden, you stop. And I try to pull you and drag you, but you don't ever move. I look down to where you're holding your stomach and I see it. The arrow that killed you. But just before I wake up in hysteria, you whisper "Don't leave me". Yet, I run farther and farther from you and whatever was behind us.

Nothing ever changes. Even though, I tell myself to stay. I tell myself to not get up, but I do. My therapist,Katie, says that I'm just over exaggerating what actually happened. It's a bit funny if you think about it. Because that is what actually happened. I'm sorry I couldn't tell them the truth. After I got out and they had found your body torn to shreds, I couldn't look at your mother and say that I left you.

I didn't want to leave you Bobby. I was scared. I wasn't thinking clearly at all. I regret it. It should have been me.

But I think you would be happy to know, your sister go married to that guy she met at the bar, Danny. They have a son named Will. He's got the same blue eyes as his mom. The school put a picture of you up in the auditorium,in memorial. You remember that guy who used to call you Gobby after the incident in junior high? Well, he got arrested,along with Henry Turnpeak, for underage drinking. They were found near the bank, getting it on and surrounded by beer cans. That's right. Henry is gay, which is weird because he always used to talk in detail how he liked to pleasure women.

Mrs. Case got fired after she told Vicky Odell to " shut the hell up before she kicked her ass". To say the least, Mrs.Case is every junior student's hero. I got into art school. If you didn't push me to put in an application,I world probably be working at Burger King and only draw when I had free time. Thank you.

I just wanted to write this for you. Even thought you will never read it. I needed to speak to you. I hope that you like it in heaven. I'm sorry I let you down.

                                          All yours, the girl who fell in love with you

I don't even know when I wrote this, but its been there for a while so why not publish because I haven't in probably a year. Blame it on the books man, blame it on the books. And my relentless need to tell myself that no one likes my stuff anyway. Okay, bye XD Thanks for reading! Its appreciated!