24

"Nocturne has already left Lady Mori." Jerus says as he enters the cabin.

Jerus stares at Mori as she sits in the bed. She had let the sheet fall and didn't realize just how much of her showed. Jerus hopes that she will accept him in her bed.

"Oh. I had hoped to speak to him before he left." Jerus's stare is making Mori uncomfortable.

"My lady, forgive me. Nocturne has told me that you have yet to eat. Would you accept my blood now?" Jerus asks waiting for Mori to answer.

"Just feed?" Mori asks warily. She finally realizes that the sheet has fallen exposing her to his eager eyes.

"Unless you wish otherwise it will only be you eating." Jerus replies lowering his eyes to the stone floor beneath his feet.

"Very well." Mori says and watches the vampire closely as he nears the bed. Jerus viciously rips his wrist once he nears the bed and trying to leave some distance between them offers his wrist to her.

Mori accepts the wrist and takes the blood eagerly. When the wound closes she removes her mouth but doesn't allow him to take back his arm. "Tell me Jerus, just what did the king order you to do?"

"To feed you and assist you with whichever decision you decide on. A decision you will need to make shortly my queen. Nocturne is almost to his destination. Once he gets there he will immediately start in on the torture." Something in his tone makes Mori take a closer look at the vampire.

"What aren't you telling me Lord Jerus?" Mori demands.

"I have seen the aftermath of some of his personal torturing sessions, but what he has planned for tonight will put them all to shame." Mori looks at the vampire she has mixed feelings about. That doesn't happen for her, she either knows she likes someone or dislikes someone.

Mori decides to be straight forward, "You have far more knowledge and understanding of Nocturne, Lord Jerus, what would you do if our situations were reversed?"

"If I had a bond like you have with Nocturne? Where there was no cutting the bond and I would see and feel what he sees and feels?" Jerus waits for her to nod before he answers her honestly. "I have grown up at court and have seen and experienced a lot and I would do anything I could to not see what Nocturne has planned for tonight. I am so thankful that I won't have to EVER see or experience what he has planned first hand. I won't cross Nocturne. If it was me..."

"You would take me to bed?" Mori finishes. The whole conversation has been awkward, far more than she had anticipated.

"Yes. But, I will abide by your decision." Jerus reaffirms.

"Mori," Lord Terrance breaks in. "Nocturne tells me he's about to begin. You must decide now."

Mori turns from Terrance and Jerus and looks down. "Damn, I'm such a whore." Her words are whispered but they both hear her and both react strongly to her words.

Terrance gasps, Jerus's eyes open wide in horror. They both speak quickly almost identical words. "NO!"

"Terrance, I beg you don't tell Nocturne she said that. He'll kill me." Jerus says terrified at what Nocturne will do to him.

"If I told him she said that then we'd both be dead." Terrance reassures him softly. "Mori, why do you feel like you're a whore?"

"Isn't that what I'll be when I take Jerus here to my bed?" Mori says tears slipping from her eyes too ashamed to look at either of the vampires in her home.

"I don't understand. I thought a whore is what humans call those that sell themselves for sex in exchange for money or other service?" Jerus says confused.