Chapter 2

"Oliver!"
"Oh, hey Ricky."
"What are you up to bud?"
"Same old, same old, trying not to stick out anymore then I already am, being a hero is hard fucking work I swear."
"Yeah it is isn't it," Ricky chuckled.
"Oliver! Commanding officer Grant is looking for you!"
"Sir!" I saluted as the man ran off.
"Oh shit! Someone is getting popular for Grant to want to speak to you."
"Oh shut Ricky. At least I am getting noticed," I smirked and gave him a quick shove.
""I'll see you Oliver, better not keep Grant waiting." He said as he ran off.
"Alright, I'll see you Ricky." I told him as I walked off. I walked to Grants tent. I pulled open the tent and walked in and saluted.
"Sir!"
"At ease, that was fast Oliver, I wasn't expecting you for another hour at least.
"I don't keep people waiting."
"Good, good."
"What do you need sir?"
"Straight to the point. Well Oliver, I'm impressed. I'm going to make this quick. I was ordered from the higher ups to put you in charge and see how you can command troops of your own. The promotion is the largest I've seen so far as well. But war times call for desperate measures. So Cadet Oliver tomorrow you will command your troops into the Dardenelles and break the Turks as Lieutenant Colonel Oliver. March." He said. I couldn't even think straight and I turned and walked out the tent. To think I'd ever be a lieutenant colonel. Little did I know the horrors we would face in what would become known as the Gallipoli Campaign.