A Witches Brew for Damons Shoe

Tapping my pencil on the desk I willed the clock to go faster. Hunter sat next to me, a serene look on his face as he listened to the teacher ramble. Another witch in Mystic Falls. Coincidence? I think not. My pulse was sky rocketing with every tick of the clock. Magical energy crackled in the area surrounding Hunter and I. If you were a part of the supernatural realm, you could real it as palpable as the chair you were sitting on. 

     I could tell Hunter was a well practiced sorcerer. He was holding himself with such confidence and serenity that it was clear he was cocky in his magical ability. Glancing at the clock again I realized it had stopped ticking. Great, Hunter knew how to stop time. 

    "I take it that was you?" I said, twisting in my seat to face him.

    "Yep. I figured we needed to talk." Hunter said, smirking at me. Cocky was right. This guy was ozzing over confident. 

     "Why are you here?" I said, cutting straight to the chase. I wasn't about to pussy foot around this conversation. If I needed to be on my guard, I wanted to know now.

     "My dad got transferred." He shrugged, his eyes a hard steel. Uh huh.

     "Yeah, I believe that about as much as I believe I'm secretly the Easter Bunny." I scoffed, crossing my legs.

     "Believe what you want."

     "Listen here and listen good, I'm not up for your little games. Either you tell me why you're really here, the truth, or I make sure your body is at the bottom of the nearest rock quarry by tomorrow night." I said, leaning forward in my seat.

    He stiffened. "I'd like to see you try something little witch." 

    Closing my eyes I summoned my magic, my hands turning a celestial blue and my body covering itself in the natural markings I'd had since birth. Most witches didn't have the labyrinth patterns that I have. Opening my eyes I narrowed them on Hunter. 

    "Little witch? This little witch could kick your ass." I smirked, leaning ever closer to him.

    "Fine. We came here to find the Bennett witch." His words sent a shock through me. 

    "Bonnies a witch?"

    "You didn't know?"

    "I haven't touched her. Of course I didn't know." Another witch in Mystic Falls. That brings the monster brigade up to a total of four vampires and three witches. With our luck I'd say there are some werewolves around too.

    "Well, we needed another witches help and we came to find the Bennetts. They're powerful and all." 

    That was the first time I've heard of the Bennett witches.. Living in exile my entire life I wasn't really up to date on gossip. Sighing, I turned back in my seat. Hunter unpaused time and the teacher went on talking like nothing had even happened. Humans were so oblivious. When the bell rang I jumped out of my seat. Caroline was standing at the door when I walked out, smiling her ever pep filled smile.

    "Hey Bree! Have you seen the new guy?" Caroline chirped, falling into step beside me.

    "Yeah, he's a real dick too." I muttered, pushing rudely through crowds of people. Caroline didn't say anything as we walked on to Mr. Saltzmans class, obviously knowing I was in a bad mood.

     I settled into my seat in the back and zoned out for the entire class, choosing not to listen to Mr. Saltzman when he told me to pay attention. Hunters face kept running through my head, almost on repeat. Even I had to admit he was one hell of a looker. He had the potential to be a real heart throb. But he definitely didn't have my heart racing because he was so gorgeous, no, he had it racing because he knew I was a witch. He knew I was a descendant of the original witch.