Untitled Part 5

*Hearth's POV*

We were running from the cops again as we got caught pick-pocketing again. I tripped and fell hard on my ankle. It's not broken, that much I can feel. Blitzen wheels around to see what happened and registers me on the ground. He quickly scoops me up and continues on, carrying me. 

Blitz, I sign frantically, put me down. It's just a sprained ankle. I can run on my own. 

He shakes his head no and continues running. 

Once we get to a point where we can stop and catch our breath, I look up at Blitz. Why did you do that? We could have gotten caught! 

What? And leave you behind to get caught instead?

I sigh, frustrated, and shove my hands in my pockets and look away from Blitz. He grabs me and looks at me. 

"I'm sorry, Hearth. I didn't want you to get caught. What good would that be? And besides," he pulls away and stands up, flexing. "I'm a forger. I can carry you for miles." I roll my eyes and smile a bit. 

We lean against each other, tired from all of the running, and go to sleep with our hands intertwined. 

Sorry guys it's been so long. School started and I was so busy (and blocked for ideas) but I'm gonna try to update a bit more frequently now. No promises though.