-Chapter 1-

The sky was dark, as usual. I walked through the little town that I lived in, my armor clinking every time I take a step. Since I was a little girl, ugly creatures have over ran this world. Their hatred and evil, spilling into the sky, making it as black as their souls.

I've been sentenced to go to the nearby tavern to collect my reward on finishing my recent quest. It wasn't all too hard, all I had to do was slaughter a small monster that was heading towards a village.

I push open the tavern door and walk over to the bartender, "Hey Bentley, you got what I came here for?" I say as the bartender hands me a drink. He throws me a pouch full of gold coins. I take the pouch and stuff it into my satchel.

I take a sip of my drink, "You've been asked to go on another quest," Bentley said to me. I set down my drink and look at Bentley, "What is it?" I ask. Bentley sets down a paper in front of me.

"Interesting..." I say under my breath, "What's the reward?" I ask the bartender, "50,000 gold." I almost spit out my drink, "It's that big?" I said to Bentley, "Your fighting a monster in one of the dungeons Aasha, of course your getting that much," Bentley said to me. I smirk and take another sip of my drink, "But your not going alone, I hope you know that," Bentley said. I quickly set down my drink "I can handle my self Bentley," Bentley shakes his head, "This monster is too overpowered for you, your meeting your partner in the morning." I roll my eyes.

I stand up and throw some cash on the counter, "I'll be back in the morning," I said and walked out the door. I walk down the streets and turn a corner. A sign a head of me read 'BlackSmith'. I walk into the building and walk behind the counter.

"Welcome home Aasha," someone said to me, I roll my eyes and turn around to see my dad. I sigh, "You can take off the mask, your home now," he said to me. I slide off my hood and pull off my mask. Long silver hair falls down to my sides. My father, Weston, gets up and walks over to me. He sets his hand on my cheek and looks at me, "Your crystal blue eyes remind me of you mother, oh how I miss her," Weston said to me. I look at the ground.

My mother was killed by one of those monsters. She was a monster hunter like me. So was my father, but he gave that up once my mother died and become a blacksmith instead. I've been ordered by the leader of the monster hunters to wear a mask at all times, it brings him pain when he looks at me, knowing I was the daughter of Farah.

The leader, Roldan, was in love with my mother and disgraced my father for his love falling in love with someone else. I've only met Roldan twice, the first time I was a little girl at the age of 6. He slapped me for looking like her, and threatened me to find a way to hide my looks. So my father made me a mask, I wear it every time I'm in public.

I set down my mask on the table and look at my father. He was back at his seat sharpening tools for his clients. The front door swung open and the bell rang. I look at the client and he looks at me with wide eyes, "Farah...?" He said to me, my eyes grow wide and I grab my mask and run into my room. I close the door behind me and throw my mask on the bed, "Damnit Aasha, I need to be more careful next time.." I mutter to myself.

I hear my dad explaining to the client that I wasn't Farah. I sigh and fall on my bed. I stare at the ceiling listening to the sounds of my fathers voice.

"Tomorrow is going to be a long day.." I mutter to myself. I turn over onto my side and fall asleep.